Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

England win The Ashes

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    With regard to the relative good Sky has done to sport broadcasting and sport in general, well I have to disagree there as well.

Go and look at the live broadcasting schedules from the old Barclays Football league, and then go and look at the Premiership coverage.

I'm a Bradford City fan. I get to see every goal my team scores now. Not under ITV, who used to wank on about L666s United for 56 minutes and then read out the scores from everyone else in Yorkshire. And still do, in fact.

Or try Rugby League. Before Sky the BBC would show the Challenge Cup Final if you were lucky, now there's two live league games a weekend.

And then get back to me saying that Sky haven't revolutionised sports coverage.

As for the cricket, would it be churlish to point out that nearly everyone who does C4's coverage also works for, er, Sky?
    I don't care much for commercial breaks (especially 10-minute long ones at half time during football)

You mean like on ITV, C4 and C5?

I suspect people are letting their ethical opinions of Sky cloud their judgement about how good the quality of Sky Sports is.
  • Options
    I think skys coverage of sport is pretty good...much better than terrestrial tv..though I don't like how they're looking for you to pay more for better games and if you pay more you can see more...the service should be free if you are already paying for sky sports service like.
  • Options
    I think the Sky coverage of Sport is excellent but I can't watch it at my house because I can't afford it. So to put the Cricket tests on sky is just another kick in my teeth.

Just point out before my mum n dad fecked off to live abroad and left me with now a mortgage etc. I had the privelege of having Sky sports at home, I'm already pissed off about the amount of sport I have missed already in the few months I've lived on my own. This just adds insult to injury for true sports fans who can't watch any of it. I like watching sports in the pub with the boys but I haven't got the money to be in the pub 24/7.
  • Options
    Soccer Am is classic.

Their coverage of the actual game too is a massive improvement on what the BBC and ITV trot out...

Well that is a matter of opinion.

Sky Sports NEws is good but I don't like their fooie that much, thier commentators and pundits tend to be crap......

I think the fact that most people do nto have access to Sky sports suggests it can't be that outrageously good..........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    I think the fact that most people do nto have access to Sky sports suggests it can't be that outrageously good..........

Most people aren't interested in sport, though.

And Sky Sports is quite expensive, its not a cheap treat if you are in low-paid work with a mortgage (although its quite affordable on benefits).
  • Options
    when england played wales on bbc it had like 9 million viewers whilst the year previoudly on sky it had less than half a million

i dont have sky sports and never intend to

a decent amount of sports should be shown on general tv as well
  • Options
    Sport shouldn't be shown on the BBC until it is privatised.

The BBC shouldn't be wasting my money on shit I don't want to watch, without giving me a choice of cancelling my subscription.

But this is a different argument.

Well done England tbh.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Most people aren't interested in sport, though.

I doubt this is true tbh............
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    I doubt this is true tbh............

Do you?

Most people I know couldn't give a rat's ass about professional sport. THough most people have one sport they enjoy, admittedly.
  • Options
    For those who are against the cricket no longer being on terrestrial TV:

http://www.keepcricketfree.com/
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Sport shouldn't be shown on the BBC until it is privatised.

The BBC shouldn't be wasting my money on shit I don't want to watch, without giving me a choice of cancelling my subscription.

But this is a different argument.

Well done England tbh.

whats the difference between live sport and drama and comedy etc

bbc shows material for general public which then must be a bit of everything including occasional nationl sports
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Woo!

About time we did.
  • Options
    whats the difference between live sport and drama and comedy etc

None.

I shouldn't have to pay for EastEnders' million-pound "stars" either.

But my views on the BBC are well-known.
  • Options
    You pay for all TV channels. With Sky you pay twice.

You cannot avoid paying for it, anymore than you can avoid paying taxes...