Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drug laws arent just for show, honest.

Now as much as I hate the Mirror they seem to have stumbled on something a little on here.

"In a written Commons answer, Home Office Minister Paul Goggins said the Government expects to make only 10 prosecutions a year of users and dealers in the illegal fungi. "

The question, why did you bother then? comes to my mind. But of course the answer lies in this government who would much rather make a new law to play with than actually do anything constructive.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=15852501%26method=full%26siteid=94762-name_page.html
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It made me laugh...

I think we all knew it was a sham in the first place, at least its now being exposed as one!
    Personally, I love shrooms and am very dissapointed by this pointless law!

Lets hope the EDF can use this to help bring them back!

Cheers for the info mate!
    Really what can they do, people will pick or grow their own in privacy. It's not like theres going to be kilos of the stuff changing hands or dealers to be caught.

Could be why they're class A, they knew they wouldn't be able to catch many people so they tried to scare us into keeping away from them.
    Thats very true Vray.

Although this law will have stopped many many people using them.

I am example of that. I dont have the time to grow them myself, and I wouldnt trust myself picking them. So as I now cannot buy them from head shops, there isnt much I can do!

The problem with that is, its going to push people onto harder drugs... there may be people who used to just take mushrooms... now they are not availible, its easyer for people to find a dealer and buy Acid, Ket, Pills etc etc than it is to grow or pick shrooms!
    Vray wrote:
    Could be why they're class A, they knew they wouldn't be able to catch many people so they tried to scare us into keeping away from them.

Except of course that doesnt work, and that isnt how they are suppose to write law, and it isnt how judges will sentance people.
    how much more proof do people want that the drug laws of the last forty years have been utter bollox?
    It's pathetic really innit, why bother when it's a almost complete waste of time.
    Surely all the negatives outweigh positves outweigh the negatives in legalising drugs. I don't mean you should be able to buy heroin or crack in a shop or anything by any means but how can you justify making anything natural illegal? Are they trying to say that the almighty God made a mistake?
    Yup, I hear god is being made class A before xmas.
    It wouldn't suprise me.

Jesus I was doing some fucked up posting yesterday, I am actually fluent in English Lang. honest!