Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bars in London

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So i'm kind of organising a joint birthday thing with my friend - we are both going to be an undisclosed age thats older than 25 but not quite yet 30. And are a bit stumped as to where to go.

Basically we are thinking somewhere in soho - definatley not bargin basement drinking mans territory - kind of cool and relaxed with not too loud music but probably leaning more towards the breakbeaty kind of a style. Oh and obviously trendly - but in an alternative kind of a way - rather than chav trendy.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey there,

I've got a fave bar in Soho called Thirst which is 53 Greek Street - its quite intimate and gets busy on weekends, but you can book at booth for you and your mates upstairs, and then the movers and shakers are free to get their funky groove on downstairs.

www.fluidfoundation.com is a really good website for finding bars in London including reviews, info on opening hours and dress code.

http://www.fluidfoundation.com/venueDetails.asp?BarRef=1961 is the link for a review of Thirst

I hope you and your friend have a great birthday, and I hope this post isn't too late!
    :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol thanks - we ended up hiring out a bar in shoreditch which was really cool cos it meant we could get people we knew to dj - I think there were about 40-50 people in the end so it was all really cool.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    nice one :thumb:

Glad you enjoyed yourself