Home Work & Volunteering
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

Legal age for work in USA

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, it's pretty self explanatory really.

If there's anyone who is either from USA, or knows anything about the legal age for working in different areas it would be much appreciated.

State Im looking at is Washington (Seattle to be precise), and Im talking adult jobs ie. bar work etc.

Im pretty sure over here you can work in a bar before you reach the legal drinking age but you cannot serve alcohol (ie. glass collecting etc).

A friend and I are working out the logistics of if we were to travel over for a few weeks in regards to working and what not, but at the time of departure she will still only be 20, and the drinking age is 21 and we dont know if she would still have a chance of getting some sort of job out there in that area with myself.

ta x


  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Look on the American Embassy website to see how to get a working visa, that will tell you and you will need a visa to work.
Sign In or Register to comment.