Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How should I quit

I've been working at a small family (not mine) jewellers for almost 3 years now but I'm fed up with the lack of respect I get from a fellow colleege (the bosses son) and also the appalling health and safety. The carpets are all torn and I'm constantly tripping up on them. I treated like a skivvy and they never say thank you.

Now I'm not on a contract so I could just walk out and not call them, but I dont want to leave them in the lerch. Thing is I have no idea what to say as the last time I needed to quit a job I was only 13 so I got my mum to do it for me.
Should I call them and do it by phone? Write them a letter or should I go in and do it face to face?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would suggest that you give them one month's written notice but hand it to them. That way you're being really responsible about it and they would look silly if they were difficult with you. You're also giving them time to find someone else. Just be warned though ... they may want to know why you're leaving!!
  • Options
    maybe a letter just saying thankyou for your time there and you've learnt a lot etc but it is regrettable that you will be handing in your notice. you want to be nice so they're more likely to give you a nice reference!
  • Options
    I'd say face to face first and then if needed give something in writing.
  • Options
    How did it go Zella? Have you done it yet?
  • Options
    Well...I forgot to do it....my nana came home from hospital and I was really busy then I got ill but they havent called me so I guess they've got the message. I feel bad but its a bit late to do it now :/