Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Marks and Spencer interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
Some of you may remeber i had an interview about 3 weeks ago with M&S which i got through, well my 3 days of training starts tomorrow. I am gonna be in Mens wear.
Anyone know what will happen and what takes 3 days??!!

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Till training takes three days at Marks and Spencer. When I did my training it was only for a couple of hours each day over three days.
    It was three days for me too. Watched quite a few videos about fire safety, chip and pin, what M&S is all about, how to deal with complaints, all the till stuff - refunds, gift vouchers, etc. It was pretty boring but I think the training is paid or it was for me and if you're lucky they'll let you finish early anyway. Have fun.
    Hi,

I'm also going to be working in the men's clothing section and got a training to attend in a weeks time. I am a little bit dissapointed that it's part time hours that they are offereing. They said I would be on probationary period for 3 months and the pay is dreadful. I was led to believe it was a full time :chin: role but I was wrong.
    Angelz wrote:
    Hi,

I'm also going to be working in the men's clothing section and got a training to attend in a weeks time. I am a little bit dissapointed that it's part time hours that they are offereing. They said I would be on probationary period for 3 months and the pay is dreadful. I was led to believe it was a full time :chin: role but I was wrong.

Well, if you find something else you don't have to stay, take your best option.
    Angelz wrote:
    Hi,

The pay will go up fairly quickly if you're doing your job right. If you wanted to go full time as well I'm sure they'd let you if they need more people - when I worked at M&S they were always asking people to do more hours.