Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone Been Stopping from Flying cos of Drink?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone ever been stopped from taking a flight cos the staff suspected you were drunk?

Not me BTW
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Im watching a programme on Sky about this atm, how odd :chin:

And no I havent, although an air hostess refused to sell me booze once cos I'd "had enough", she didnt believe that I'd spilt the stuff she'd just sold me.
  • Options
    when we came back from amsterdam in july we'd been on the beer all day, absolutly wasted, we were actually pretty worried we wouldnt be allowed to fly, but the check in staff were actually laughing at us, got on the flight no problems.
  • Options
    Im watching a programme on Sky about this atm, how odd :chin:

And no I havent, although an air hostess refused to sell me booze once cos I'd "had enough", she didnt believe that I'd spilt the stuff she'd just sold me.

I think we were watching the same show - It occurred to me that in all these situation it's one person's opinion against another's so why not take the conflict out of the equation and simply have breathalisers at the airport - you can even buy small ones for your own personal use - if you're over the limit then no arguement.
  • Options
    I travelled back from Berlin last year completely slaughtered. Was a morning flight and we had been sitting up all night drinking with no sleep.
    The air staff were fine (from what I remember), certainly had no problem in selling me a few drinks during the flight.
    I think they are more concerned if you are drunk and acting up. Could be a possible hazard.
  • Options
    Was travelling back on my own from Rome once, boarded the Easyjet plane on time but there was some kind of delay in taxing. The chap sitting next to me offered me a glass of wine so I asked the stewardess for a couple of cups and also if it were ok to use our own, she had no problems with that..

So we started drinking, we'd polished off a bottle of red and 4 cans of lager before the plane actually took off (no we weren't exactly savoring the taste) then once his supplies ran out (a total stranger) I brought out my duty frees.. So a bottle of Smirnoff red later (with coke of course) we landed.. Sitting down for 1.45 hours then standing was a mistake.. Was clutching to the railings as I staggered down from the plane onto the concrete.. Up until that day I'd always said that I'd never drink and fly, no more!!

Houston last year on business, got on the plane at Heathrow at 7in the morning, 9 hours later landed after 6 of us as drank the plane dry (well World Traveller class anyway) of wine and beer..... It's not big and it's not clever!! :thumb: