Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Teenage Depression

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    they can still provide insight as to why people do it, and as to other people's experiences of people in their lives doing it.

They do.

But only people with SH issues will attend them.
    i'm not saying that everyone is doing it; just that you can't dismiss teh whole problem as media hype

I'm not trying to.

But it is grossly overhyped.
  • Options
    Is everyone here a depressive?

:confused:
  • Options
    Not me. :wave:

But everyone thinks I am crazy anyway.
    I just begrudge being fucked up then having to waste mine and others time talking about it in a stupid little circle or whatever.

Quite right. Unless it's done in a constructive way, talking about depression or any other problem makes it tend to stay around longer. All you need to know when you are depressed is how to stop.

Too often "why it started" is followed up on, when the cause has long since gone and isn't coming back. "How to do something different" is where attention is best sent.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Not me. :wave:

But everyone thinks I am crazy anyway.

:wave:

Quite right. Unless it's done in a constructive way, talking about depression or any other problem makes it tend to stay around longer. All you need to know when you are depressed is how to stop.

Too often "why it started" is followed up on, when the cause has long since gone and isn't coming back. "How to do something different" is where attention is best sent.

I'd agree in part, although identifying the causes of depression would make sense as it allows you to ascertain whether the causal factor is still around. It also gives you insight into the complexities of the particular case in question.