Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fine/thin hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who here had fine/thin hair and how do they deal with this problem?

Comments

• Options
    I Dyed it a darker color, let it grow and used loads of conditioner and thickening shampoo on it and then put the straighteners on it.
  • Options
    i have fine hair, and find drying it upside down is good for volume!
    Also, having the right cut helps! also, i only use light hair products+condition once a week, not twice like i used to, which reduces product build up, which weighs hair down!
  • Options
    Mines very fine and long so have to use conditioner every time i wash it.
    I only straighten it about once a week as not to damage it. Somnetimes itll naturally dry straight, other times itll dry wavy ish.

But as for making it thicker- ive just accepted that its not and like it for how it is.

Used shampoos and thickening products but what volume i got didnt last long with my hair, but then again, that could just be because its too long now.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I'm with captaincarwash on this one, I dyed mine and found that it had more weight. Downside of that is that your hair can loose condition if you dye it all the time.
  • Options
    Highlights are meant to fluff it up slightly and blowdry your hair upside down
  • Options
    Has anyone ever tried any hair muscles such as fudge?
  • Options
    having the bottom half dyed a shade darker than the upper half colour is supposed to give the illusion of depth
  • Options
    im with sikorah, conditioning all he time weights fine hair down. i find a shorter cut helps as it talkes off some weight. also small layers help to boost volume at the top of the head, but you have to be careful otherwise you can make the length of your hair look very fine.

the best shampoo ive descovered is umberto gianni volumising. its green in a long bottle. :yippe:
  • Options
    i have fine hair, and find drying it upside down is good for volume!
    Also, having the right cut helps! also, i only use light hair products+condition once a week, not twice like i used to, which reduces product build up, which weighs hair down!
    So you hang upside down out the window to dry it?
  • Options
    So you hang upside down out the window to dry it?

No you blow dry your hair with a hair dryer with your head upside down. I just got my hair cut and dyed last night and I have found that my hair now sites at a side parting instead of a middle one and that gives the illusion of more volume. I also have fudge oomf shampoo and condition and the oomf booster.