Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dancing...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone here ever considered or took up some sort of dance class to keep fit? I know loads of people get self concious about going so it's not often we get new faces...well not in any of my classes as i'm older. It seems we stop getting new people after they're about 12/13. :( it really is good fun....so would anyone ever actually consider it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I did a dance class at school last year. Gave it up this year though, to do some community service instead so I might consider joining a local dance class.
  • Options
    yeah i went. it was fun, you just got to keep going to them. take some makes and its a right laugh! i went this year and im 19!!
  • Options
    Yeah, I did a teenage dance class all last year with two of my mates. It was okay, but I'm really unfit and a terrible dancer, so I spent most of the time messing around or sitting on the floor with a stitch :D. Wouldn't go back - its full of year 7s and 8s now.
  • Options
    i used to dance when i was a little lad, i'd love to go again, but unfortunatly i have noone to go with, and wouldnt feel confident going to a singles class i dont think. one day tho, im gonna do it again
  • Options
    Yes i've done loads of dancing....it's quite a simple formula...E's+Niteclub+dance music=loads of dancing :yes: :thumb:
  • Options
    I'd love to join a dance class, some sort of salsa class would be ideal but i've convinced myself i'd look a tit as i don't think i've got enough rhythm to be honest. I'm quite shy about stuff like that.
  • Options
    i've just got back from my first class after the hols, my teacher woked us hard so my legs feel like jelly now! Ballet is soooooooo good for toning bums and legs, better than pilates or yoga i think