Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

when i get married....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i want all these guys to be there:

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s105/st80039.htm

especially the cybertart lady. she's my favourite.

just so this is a question, since everyone in the world* seems to be either getting married or having babies at the mo, what's the most ridiculous wedding thing you've ever heard? or are you into all that over the top stuff?

*slight exaggeration.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    that neon yellow dress!?!

:yuck:

way to stand out in a crowd though, makes her look like a highlighter pen.
    How Vile. You don't wear cropped tops to a wedding. Have SOME respect. :eek2:

I went to a Greek wedding in May, and to be honest, the Greek women were not good at the whole 'not raining on the brides parade' idea.
    They all dressed up in dresses you'd go to a prom/ball in. Glitter, sequins and all that malarky. :yuck: So distasteful. It was as if they were all trying to compete with the Bride!! Gross.

Ilora x
    Jesus! LOL! :) Crazy wedding! Only ever been to one, was pretty dull apart from the booze! Luckily they wernt wearing quite such horrific outfits! However, they did look like they were trying to compete with Posh and Becks, was a bit damn cheesy!
    Oh my god. There are no words!

Worst wedding I heard of was some customer of my boss calling up to tell him that she had used her Subway card to cater her wedding. That's just not right :yeees:
    k@tie wrote:
    Worst wedding I heard of was some customer of my boss calling up to tell him that she had used her Subway card to cater her wedding. That's just not right :yeees:

why not? that's my plan. everyone loves subway.

if nowt else, it's better than paying £30 a head for a sliver of chicken and some wilted veggies.
    k@tie wrote:
    Oh my god. There are no words!

Ill second that! Sounds good! :yum:
    kaffrin wrote:
    why not? that's my plan. everyone loves subway.

Not to be difficult, but I actually can't stand Subway :yuck: :p
    k@tie wrote:
    Not to be difficult, but I actually can't stand Subway :yuck: :p

that's you off my wedding list then!

:p
    ah no! I actually love weddings, I'll come and just not eat anything :p
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It's not one I've been to, but I heard about a wedding in which the groom arrived in a... digger! Not driving it, he was sitting on that thing in the front.
    Those outfits are, um, something.

I'm going to have the smallest wedding ever... if I had my way it would be just me and him, although that wouldn't happen or my mum would never forgive me! So, I've narrowed it down to our natural parents and my sister only. Then a nice big party later with a buffet :D
    I'm not into spending loads, I'd rather put the money towards something useful, like a house. Can understand other people wanting the fairytale though, guess I would do the huge dress thing if money were no object :)
    Read in the paper a while ago about a couple spending £75000 on their wedding :crazyeyes
    Wow, just how far gone do you think the bride was?
    god knows, she was probably expecting some obese octuplets or something, judging by the size of that dress..woah.
    Has to be a white wedding, in the snow with everyone wearing white. Classy.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Real chavs get married in fake burberry.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dr Pirate wrote:

Yeah.

That is the awful wedding though... Nasty.
    Dr Pirate wrote:

real chavs dont get married, cause then their children wouldnt be little bastards

nuff said
    believe what you like kermit
    _
    What ya on about?
    Yawn, More thinly disguised classism.

Yes, of course it is :rolleyes:

If you walk around with a fat belly wearing a bright green lycra dress, then you should expect to be mocked.

If anything, you are the one being patronising about the "working class", thinking that all working class people are basically just chavish morons that "haven't seen the world". Bless their little cotton socks, they don't know how to be civilised, eh? Nobody here mentioned the working class.

Go back to your little middle class private school, and stop pretending that you know what the "working class" is all about. Because you don't.
    I wanted to hire a snow cannon for my wedding so it would be snowy - I think i even made a thread about it - ironically even though it was december it was one of the nicest days ever all sunny and nice and you didnt' even need a coat for some of the time.

I cant' belive thats an actual wedding though - blimey - see this is why i truley belive there should be fashion police to avoid people becoming ridiculed.
    i've never really properly thought about what my wedding might be like, though i know i want it in a church and to have a lovely dress. though obviously i wouldn't want a horrible one, would i.
    Yawn,
    More thinly disguised classism. Why don’t half of you just say, “We hate the working class scum!”
    Its OK, it’s a bit less cowardly to admit it. More of “we have more than they/ we where lucky enough to be brought up to see a bit more than the world around us.” Please grow up for all fucks sake.

I don't know who dreamed up the word 'chav' in the UK, but can anything positive be said about the word (no really imo). It has the same nasty connotations as 'trailer trash' (why is everyone who lives in a trailer trash by definition and phrases like: "he's so ghetto." If we can say that a chav is an uncouth person of any class, race, gender, from any culture things might be a lot simpler, but then that probably wouldn't be in line with 'British sense of humour' and laughing at ourselves. No one would call Kery Katona in the funnily revealing My Fair Kerry a chav, yet she displays uncouth behaviour.

I think it's important not to pigeonhole people and say stuff like a chav is someone from a surburban town like Croydon with a Croydon Alice band (hairscrapped back so scalp is stretched) who wears Burbeery likes listening to R&B and a bit of drum 'n' bass. She is a 'pram pusher' with a boyfriend called Tray who is a nightclub promoterat night and a mobile phones executive by day "with a well-fit body and abs you can bounce off." Tray also has a kid or three from a previous relationship.) In all fairness nobody knows people that do all these things, they may domost of them, but does that make tehm a chav. Hey, even I'm prone to a Croydon Alice band 0- who wants bits of hair hanging down in yoru face - keep it gelled by say."

If by definition everyone born working class is a chav - I would be a 'chav', Cherie Blair would be a chav, David Blunkett would be a chav and Elvis would be trailer trash. The founder of the Big Issue John Bird would be a chav.

It's time society stopped defining people by class. Altogether now working class does not equal poor breeding (and I'm not talking about going on hunts :crazyeyes.) Self-respect, dignity, politeness, frankness (honesty), courteousness - some of the people who possess these in the most abundant amounts are those who grew up with little (money) or :shocking: shock horror on council estates. Money doesn't maketh the man.

Okay I bow out and leave your boarders in peace.
    A very eloquent rant there mazza, and one I do agree with.

The only thing is that nobody has- directly or otherwise- mentioned the social or economic class of these "chavs". Not all poor people or "working class" people are "chavs", so to insult "chavs" is not an attack on anyone's class. It is an attack on a social demographic- those without taste- not an attact on a class demographic or an economic demographic.

I think that the middle-class patronising attitude illustrated by captaincarwash is far far worse than any mocking of "chavs". Captaincarwash's attitude is very much "aww bless, don't mock the poor people, they don't know better". He even said that they were like that because they "hadn't seen as much of the world". This patronising attitude is something that is far more offensive than laughing at someone who, without irony, turned up at a wedding wearing a bright green lycra mini-dress and a beer gut.

Most working class people are not chavs, and take the mickey out of chavs just as much as the rest of us.
    note to self: next time you want to chuckle at people in humourous dress, keep it to yourself. certain population pockets of thesite.org will want to stick their oar in.

has PC ness really come to the point where we can't poke fun at people in silly outfits? i despair.
    J wrote:
    What is subway?

Largest franchiser in the world Subway
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    “We hate the working class scum!”

Chavs? Working and not bumming off the dole?

Inform me when this happens!
    J wrote:
    What is subway?

You've never seen/heard of it? :eek2:

Gogogogo and try one, their subs are yum. I recommend roast chicken. :yum:
    the melt