Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How old should my 1st GFriend be

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am 25 year old lad. I have NEVER had a girlfriend. I have snogged girls since middle school, but have NEVER had sex. I must stress that I am NOT gay!

During high school, although I liked looking at the girls I was more interested in my bike and sport. Nothing wrong with that is there? I went to collge, to study engineering, but the whole class was boys. As was the following HND course and the subsequent university. In addition I only have a couple of mates. I am not very sociable primarily due to the fact that I have some deafness and thus wea two hearing aids...

I have now got my degree (a 2:1) and now feel that I must get a girlfriend and get on with life. And I do want a GF, to be in love and to have someone loving me.

However, my question focuses on the age my first GF should be. If I chose someone my age, they will/should be mature and perhaps want something serious. However, she will probably have much relationship experience while have have zero experience. If I go for someone between 18-20, I could learn from a young inexperienced girl, and to understand how the female mind operates. Thereafter, I could pursue someone older..

Any advice.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So you have never had sex, but you regularly dirty talk during sex.

Out of interest, which one is true?
    whoever comes along that you fall for, theres no right or wrong answer, altho i suggest anyone under 18 may not be politically correct. im 22 myself and have had encounters from people ranging from 18 - 32. i dont think it particular matters when you get to your age.
    you cant predict someone experience and maturity soley from their age

you could meet an 18 year old who is very mature and has lots of experience.

or you could meet a 22 year old who is very immature and has no experience.

Decide as oppurtunites come about, you cant rule out age groups by guessing their experience. If you do this you could end up missing out on someone who potentially could be perfect for you
    No-one's the same, don't decide you're not going to go out with someone because of their age, just keep your options open and whoever you hit it off with go with it. And I didn't assume you were gay just because you're a virgin at 25.
    so, with your last line in your post. are you suggesting that you'd only go out with a younger girl to catch up on experiences, then dump her for some one oldeR?? hardly fair??
    i agree with everyone else though, just go with the flow+dont worry too much about age. If you like a person, age shouldnt really matter (obviously unless she's 11, or 87, but you know what i mean!)
    Kermit wrote:

Its got to be the former hasn't it?
    could be both. could just have an active imagination
    Kermit wrote:

Maybe he's preparing himself for when he does have a girlfriend? :confused:
    Age in a relationship tends not too matter, ( unless she's of course ancient..thats just nasty )
    I think you should not concentrate on hunting for a girlfriend, and just go out and wait for something to come your way :) :yes:
    People

The sex thread was posted by my younger brother. For some reason he can't be bothered to open his own account with TheSite.

I am the virgin and he has the sex life......and the confidence because he was not born deaf. Oh, and he is my twin brother! Why me!!!!!!!!

hope thats cleared the air. I will now reset my password.
    Yeh, right. :rolleyes:
    Course he did.

I don't care if you're a virgin or not, or dirty talking or not, I just don't think its good for people to be taking the piss out of this place.
    certainly not before you have at least 500 posts anyway :p
    younger brother.

twin brother!
    Uh huh.

Although I know all too well what it's like to have a confident twin with an active sex life, while being the insecure, lonely as fuck one, I don't really believe you.

He's either your younger brother or your twin brother. Even if he's the younger twin, I doubt I'd ever call my twin my "younger sister".

Reject.
    Uh huh.

Although I know all too well what it's like to have a confident twin with an active sex life, while being the insecure, lonely as fuck one, I don't really believe you.

He's either your younger brother or your twin brother. Even if he's the younger twin, I doubt I'd ever call my twin my "younger sister".

Reject.

hahaha awesome
    Jesus, some people need to get a life. Who gives a fuck who you are, it's the internet.

What a muppet.
    You mean his twin younger brother don't you ;p.
    Kermit wrote:
    Course he did.

I don't care if you're a virgin or not, or dirty talking or not, I just don't think its good for people to be taking the piss out of this place.

Kermit, I'm worried I agree with this post of yours.