Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jenas Leaving

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/4199802.stm

This also makes Owens move a lot worse in my opinion, does Souness think selling his best players will make the team better?? I know Jenas said he was unhappy at Newcastle but they've left the deal too late to find a replacement.

Addedd bonus for Spurs though, they have a nucleus of a very good promising young side, added with the experience of Davids, I'm expecting big things from then in the coming seasons.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spurs squad is now too big IMHO, they have been very busy in the market over the past 12 months and the people they have signed aren't just going to sit and wait their turn...

As for Newcastle the sooner Souness leaves the better for them. He's not a good manager as far as I can see. How many clubs have experienced an improvement following his appointment? Liverpool? Rangers (hell even I could win things there), Blackburn? Southampton?

I'm really not sure where they are going either. Big signing like Owen and yet where are the players who will create the chances for him.

From what I hear things aren't too good in the dressing room either - sound like Mr Shearer is getting uppity and we all know what happens next...
    Spurs appear to be collecting central midfielders. Carrick, Davids, Brown, Mendes, Brown now jenas
    Spur's are IMO trying to recreate Chelsea's success by attempting to buy as many new ( quality ) players as they can, shove them into a team and hope for the best, BUT they seem to have a very good on-field game about them..I definetely expect big finish's for them this season and in season's to come!
    Spurs are basically buying every young promoising English player in sight. Not a bad policy I don#'t suppose, but it's not good for England to have them all playing in the stiffs.

I don't think Jenas is that good though. I think £8m is too much for him.
    Jenas is never worth 8m
    Spurs have 12 first-team midfielders now. That's ridiculous, how are they supposed to keep those players happy. I have a friend who captains Spurs' reserves in midfield, not good news for him as he tries to break the first team.