Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lack of low income housing costs 17 lives in Paris

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4188726.stm

It is ridiculous; the city officials claim that they are trying to build low-income housing and give the working class a place to live. Meanwhile 60%-70% of the housing they are building is priced for the upper-middle class. And now 17 people are dead because of the lack of decent living space.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    That is appaling. But that is the current way of the world. Who cares about the poor? "They just get in the way... until we have a war". (Name that quote and win bonus points.)

But yeah. They are poor, so therefore they don't matter by modern standards. There should be more regulation. They should have somesort of houseing provided.
  • Options
    The most recent fire which killed four was actually a squat so the government cant be directly blamed for the housing quality there. However in any city there needs to be accomadation for those at the bottom.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who finds three fires in three different hostels for black refugees in the space of a couple of months highly suspicious?
  • Options
    Surely you aren't suggesting that someone is covering up racist arson attacks... now why do you think that the French Govt would do that... ;)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aladdin wrote:
    Am I the only one who finds three fires in three different hostels for black refugees in the space of a couple of months highly suspicious?

Nope. I think most people do, but a large number of them just don't care.