Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mental blockage :/

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you get round it? I'm reading some fairly detailed technical books and I should be able understand it becuase even though it's quite techy it's explained as simple as possible and so instead of me taking it all in it's going through one hear and out the other. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the best thing you can do is take a break and do something else to completely take your mind off it then go back to it with a fresh pair of eyes. I often find I get it when I read things of absolutely no interest to me.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    In such cases I just keep attacking the blockage, armed with the knowledge that I can understand what I'm reading or that I surely know what I wanted to say. It always gives way.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do it in gradual steps. Don't try and learn it all at once. Paragraph by paragraph or something. If you don't understand it, read it again and again until you do. Maybe even write it out in your own words.