Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Does Anyone Else Have To Share Their B/f??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend is an avid cricket fan, he's playing 3/4 times a week at the moment & watches as many cricket matches as possible on television. Although I am enjoying watching 'The Ashes', my boyfriend is driving me crazy, especially when I have to sit on my own for a whole day whilst I watch him play! It feels like he spends more time with his hobby than me.
Now, i know it's only 3/4 months of the summer, but still... it drives me mad!!!

Anyone else have problems with sharing their boyfriend with a hobby/job/etc??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    don't take it as a personal dig at you, every one has something they love doing!
    billybob87 wrote:
    don't take it as a personal dig at you, every one has something they love doing!

Yep!

Find a hobby of your own if it bothers you that much :)
    My fella loves all sport esp cricket and footy. He has been to the ashes games (stopped in Nottingham), I aint seen him since tuesday, and wont see him till sunday/monday - depending on when the ashes finishes. He loves footy, he aint got a season ticket this year, but had one last year and he's been to all the matches so far this year anyway! He tries to go to all the England games - home or away :impissed: He loves playing football and Tennis! He playes for a pub team, so plays every sunday and has to train.

I hardly see him. But he loves it, and I love him, so I'll put up with it. Its not that bad and TBH I love it when he goes to play footy/tennis cos I've got the T.V all to myself :D He gave his season ticket up this season cos he said its not fair on me - which I thought was nice! :love:
    I share my boyfriend with his car and if i'm not sharing him with his car I share him with his computer :rolleyes: Arghhhh Men!!!
    Pink_Angel wrote:
    I share my boyfriend with his car and if i'm not sharing him with his car I share him with his computer :rolleyes: Arghhhh Men!!!

its called some degree of independence

and its a good thing :D

you should do more of your hobbies :)
    i don't really own any of my boyfriend so can't really 'share' him with anyone/thing. however, he is a fan of championship manager! just as i'm a fan of shopping. :D
    my boyfriend was REALLY into his cricket......its when its more important to him than you are that it becomes a problem, as it did in my case.
    its called some degree of independence

and its a good thing :D

you should do more of your hobbies :)

At no point did I say I did not do any hobbies of my own...the question was "does anyone else share their boyfriends" and I was simply answering that. I like the fact that he does his own things but as I hardly ever see him because he is out till 3 in the morning driving and sleeping all day and then sitting with his headphones on at the pc during the evening or indeed at work on the pc, I wouldn't say thats a degree of independence I'd say thats the life of a singleton!
    Now, I know that I am definetely a devoted cricket fan, and enjoy watching the ashes from 10.30 in the morning till 6 in the evening ( however sad that may be ).
    I think you may have to console yourself with the fact that there is only 5 days left of cricket ( when the next test starts ) and after that it will all be peaceful again.
    Word of advice though, do not attempt to explain how you feel about the subject to him, because I know when im watching sport, any conversation goes in one ear and out the other, and the stuff that does stay in will aggrivate me.
    Maybe whilst he's doing cricket, you could go out with your friends for a few drinks? and then have a good talk when you are both back at home about your evenings?
    Im not really too sure if I answered your question, sorry if it hasn't
    Good luck,
    Jez
    I get annoyed sometimes when my girlfriend bugs me about doing things I want to do. She won't be nsty, but she'll make a joke but I know she's got an underlying annoyance at me. Sometimes it's my PC / computer games, but as I explained to her yesterday, I'm no longer a 'binge drinking' gamer up till 6 in the morning and a hangover the next day (alcohol being a metaphor for games) but I'm now a wine connosier where the intention is not to get drunk but just to sample different wines etc. etc.

I have to share my girlfriend with her horses but that's never been an issue. I feel a tad jealous when she goes out with one of her best (male) friends - possibly because whenever he talks to me he's got this underlying 'i dont like you' tone to him. But I think that's more paranoia.
    Why not when you go watch him play cricket take some of your mates with you, theres nowt better than chilling out in the sun with a beer, so what if they don't like cricket cos they don't have to watch, you can just chill at the side of the pitch all day with your mates and get pissed in the sun. Now hows that for an idea? :)
    Unless its cold then there needs to be a plan 2.