Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

your first E

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think all users go through that stage. When I go to clubs now I just drink a lot but I always see younger people chewing their jaws on the dancefloor and it always brings a smile to my face cos you just think "that was me a couple of years ago" I suppose it would be great to get the good ole days back but you have to move on.
    Yeah, I think it's hard to let go though because they were some of the best times in my life. As soon as my leg/foot/toe gets better I'm gonna go to as many raves as I can afford... no better feeling than losing yourself in the music on the dancefloor. :yippe:
    that's true...

.. yeah, i know that, still it makes dealing with everything so hard, and it is difficult to get excited about going out as much now...

...am also worried as i search for the next thing... took ket on sat night and it opened my eyes to something i don't think i should have seen...

...think i have an addictive personality by nature and think what started as something positive is turning quite negative and could get really destructive... :shocking: :shocking:
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hi batfink, I think you neet to have a look at the Good Manners Guide, in particular the bit about bringing up old threads. ;)
    batfink wrote:
    ...am also worried as i search for the next thing... took ket on sat night and it opened my eyes to something i don't think i should have seen...

There isnt anything like MDMA and dancing in a club, thats why its so popular and other things havent caught on.

Some people just leave them behind and other wander off into the pychonaut type thing and do self exploration, but thats not a replacement really, just different.
    I find getting really pissed is quite an enjoyable and reliable buzz these days, and I don't need class A/B drugs to enjoy dance music so drink suits me to the ground.
    sorry, didn't even look at the date, haven't posted anything before today. point taken however.
    Yeah I still enjoy doing it sober sometimes just on a couple of beers. I always find that a few drinks in a club kinda gives you a little bit of energy and the urge to dance more.

If you haven't tried it already, I reccomend trying going out sober. It's quite enjoyable, plus you can remember who played what. :)
    I'll try it some night but i'm the type of person who needs to be in some sort of a buzz.
    TOMO wrote:
    If you haven't tried it already, I reccomend trying going out sober. It's quite enjoyable, plus you can remember who played what. :)

*cough* lightweight *cough*
    Haha, there may be some truth in that. Although, in fact I've never gone out with the intention of staying sober it's just happened a couple of times when nobody can get any little fellas and only had enough money for a couple of drinks.
    TOMO wrote:
    Haha, there may be some truth in that. Although, in fact I've never gone out with the intention of staying sober it's just happened a couple of times when nobody can get any little fellas and only had enough money for a couple of drinks.

I'm only joking anyway, I hate that whole 'who can neck the most' contest which happens quite often when lads go out clubbing.
    Yeah I know what you mean, I saw all my mates pilled up the other night and I just wanted to leave it was so annoying coz you can't have a proper conversation with someone after they're just coming up off 3 pills.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I'm only joking anyway, I hate that whole 'who can neck the most' contest which happens quite often when lads go out clubbing.

I've been guilty of that in the past, who can take the most, who can take the most in one go and al that malarky.
    turlough wrote:
    I've been guilty of that in the past, who can take the most, who can take the most in one go and al that malarky.

I'm sure most male pill takers have been, then you realise you have to take far more than other people who seem to be getting a better high than you.
    its the same with males and just about anything

its just competition ..

i dont think pills are as dangerous as they're made out to be ... going on pills having a relatively small amount of MDMA in them, before you reach the LD50 (lethal dosage for 50% of the statistical population) you'd be looking at about 50 pills !
    z01 wrote:
    i dont think pills are as dangerous as they're made out to be ... going on pills having a relatively small amount of MDMA in them, before you reach the LD50 (lethal dosage for 50% of the statistical population) you'd be looking at about 50 pills !

Not really as simple as that though any number of things can go wrong before you reach the LD50 point, and of course many subjects will die before then.