Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Use your Drive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I cant stand the road i live on, were the only people that use the dirveway. Everyone else parks it at the side of the road, its like a rally track trying to get up with all the turning. Does anyone else live on a road like this? why cant they use thier drives that what they are for, it really does my head in

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    why do they not use their drives? do most of the people on your street have more than one car??

Most people where I live use their drives. My family has 2 cars and a motorbike, yet we still manage to squeeze them onto our drive.
    we have 3 cars and 1 double drive, therefore we have to park 2 on the drive and the others on the road, its not ideal but theres no other option, and yes we do need 3 cars in 1 family.
    Well, I live with my parents ( sadly ) and we've got their 2 cars which take up the drive on their own, and I find I normally have to park my car next to my drive on the garden ( we have a big garden, so its not too much bother )
    When having parties, thats when I get a bit of havoc with telling people where to park, as there really is nowhere to park around where I live, so whole streets will get filled, bits of my garden etc etc is pretty manic

And how come people don't use the drives where they live??
    Id understand if there having a party but its all the time. They just leave their drives empty.

Theres one house near the bottom of the road they have 3 cars and a huge skip (its been there for months). Not one of these things are in the drive, tossers
    My roads like that, but most houses have 2+ cars so some always end up on the street.
    I hate people that dont even attempt to stick half thier car up the curb and just park on the road, and then some one opposite does the same so you have to inch yourself through :mad:
    J wrote:
    At least you don't have to pay to park in your own road.
    hahaha that would suck