Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ending It

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm totally torn up inside at the moment. I've been with my GF now for nearly 2 years. There have been times when we've thought about ending it, but we've always got through it. I have enjoyed the relationship alot, but I feel like I no longer want her. Things haven't been very good of recent, and earlier today I told her how I felt and it nearly killed her. She kept saying how much she loves me and crying and I felt like a complete bastard.

The truth is that this is the first 'real' relationship I've been in, and I now feel like I want to experience other things, with other people, as I am young (19). I have never cheated but there is a girl that I like.

Don't read this wrong, I'm not leaving my GF of 2 years for someone I've just met, but I just feel now is the time to move on. If this other girl doesnt like me then I'm okay with that, I'm not thinking of breaking up just for her.

So what shall I do? At the moment me and my GF have said we shall decide on what to do tomorrow, and I really don't want to make the wrong decision, and I dont have a clue what the right decision is. Please, please help me, I'm torn up inside.

Comments

• Options
    maybe you need to stop being a coward by making up fake accounts to hint to your girlfriend and give her the decency, and dignity of saying it to her face?
  • Options
    Tell her you fancy someone else, she'll dump you. End of.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Tell her you fancy someone else, she'll dump you. End of.

thats the most pathetic thing ive ever heard. The pathetic wimps way out.
  • Options
    If your having doubts now then get out. If you stay in the relationship youl only end us resenting her.Not worth it is it?
  • Options
    it's obvious you've thought long and hard about this, and from what i can gather i don't think you should stay with your gf. 2 years is a long time, yes. especially at a young age. i certainly don't think..even though you may love her and not want to hurt her..that you should stay with her just because she's upset about it. that's not the way to go about things and if you don't want to be with her then you should tell her this. good luck.
  • Options
    sorry, i dont understand what you mean byt a fake accout to hint to her? i just made this accout and it is my first because its the first time ive visited these boards. and as for hinting it to her by making an account?? could you explain how? she will never read this or anything, and i certainly wont be showing it to her, i just wanted advice from peers and people who have been in this position before. and im not a coward, all i want is to know im making the right decision before i make it.

thank you to everyone else who gave advice, its has helped me to make up my make. i will tell you how it goes, if anyone cares??
  • Options
    I've been in a similar situation ( about 3-4 months ago when I split up with my Ex )

Now, if you've been seriously talking about splitting up, then there should not be a date set aside to when you should talk about it, you should just straight up tell her that there is no spark left in the relationship, I vaguely remember saying something along the lines of the relationship becoming repetitive, not really too much fun, and has kind of lost the spark.
    It seemed that we were both on a mutual so it made it easier, but I think if you tell her how you feel about the situation ( do not mention the other girl as she will feel that she has done something wrong and its her fault, and that seriously would spark a lot more difficulty and problems for yourself in the long run )
    Hope this helps
    Good luck,
    Jez
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    thats the most pathetic thing ive ever heard. The pathetic wimps way out.

How is it?

Isn't honesty what women want in a boyfriend?
  • Options
  • Options
    I have the utmost sympathy for your girlfriend.

I feel much the same about you.
  • Options
    im with ginner here. obviously he wouldnt be as blunt when telling his gf that "he fancies someone else" but if its the truth, then why not tell her?
  • Options
    I went through this same thing with my exboyfriend, i was with him for 2 1/2 years and he was still completely in love with me, but i didnt feel the same. I didnt know what to do, because every time i tried to break up with him he would cry and beg me not to.. there was another boy who i had feelings for and wanted to try to have a relationship with, and when i broke up with my boyfriend everyone thought i had broken up with him just to go out with this other guy, but it wasnt like that, i had been trying to break up with him for awhile, and i just couldnt stand to see him cry.. anyway .. long story short (too late) it was the best thing ive ever done, because im so much happier now, and confident about myself and i have had the other boy as a boyfriend for almost 5 months :) I think that if you want to break up with her and see other people, then do it.. shes going to cry, but dont let it get to you.. she'll get over it.
  • Options
    I had this kind of problem with my girlfriend, thing was, because I was so used to her being there I took her for granted and didn't realise how important she was if you know what I mean. Then I said we need a bit of time, but it broke my heart after 2 days realising I might lose her and I phoned her up crying saying I wanted to be with her etc. and since then we've been ok and have just come back from a camping holiday together :)

Moral of the story: i thought i wanted out until i realised what id be losing and since then we've gone from strength to strength
  • Options
    I went through this same thing with my exboyfriend, i was with him for 2 1/2 years and he was still completely in love with me, but i didnt feel the same. I didnt know what to do, because every time i tried to break up with him he would cry and beg me not to.. there was another boy who i had feelings for and wanted to try to have a relationship with, and when i broke up with my boyfriend everyone thought i had broken up with him just to go out with this other guy, but it wasnt like that, i had been trying to break up with him for awhile, and i just couldnt stand to see him cry.. anyway .. long story short (too late) it was the best thing ive ever done, because im so much happier now, and confident about myself and i have had the other boy as a boyfriend for almost 5 months :) I think that if you want to break up with her and see other people, then do it.. shes going to cry, but dont let it get to you.. she'll get over it.
    and how is your ex doing now?