Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The 2005 As/A level results thread.

13»

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    billybob87 wrote:
    lol my mate got that just before she went to get the results!
    I got it early too. Thought it was someone taking the piss!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My A Level results:

Biology - B
    Geology - C
    Spanish - C (I got an A in the speaking module - whoohoo!)

This may seem pretty average to some, but it's more than what I was expecting. My sister got 4 As in her AS Levels as well - madness!
  • Options
    I got a letter to my house before I went to collect my results saying I got into my first choice so I knew I did well enuff, the unis must get the results a few days before we get them or something.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I got a letter to my house before I went to collect my results saying I got into my first choice so I knew I did well enuff, the unis must get the results a few days before we get them or something.

If I remember rightly, they get them 2/3 days before so they can sort out the places that have been filled and make the clearing lists, stuff like that.
  • Options
    In case anyone cares, which they probably don´t, 3 years ago I got AAA (Spanish, French and Economics - not including GS - my school didnt believe it was worthwile which I agree with).

So there we go. We´re like one big A-level results family.
  • Options
    not including GS - my school didnt believe it was worthwile which I agree with).

don't get me started on that one. :p
  • Options
    Business (double award ) - A,B
    Sociolagy - B
    Law - C
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Where are you off to mate? Queens? (thats the only one I know)
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Where are you off to mate? Queens? (thats the only one I know)

Queens aye, it's the best one here in Northern Ireland and it's offering a course I'm really interested in, so should be good fun.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Queens aye, it's the best one here in Northern Ireland and it's offering a course I'm really interested in, so should be good fun.

Fantastic, thats great news, well done. Its not just the best uni in Northern Ireland, its a well known decent uni compared to ones over here on the mainland too.
  • Options
    mine was crap.entire future rethink going on here.

This link may help you think about options. Of course, resits are anotehr option. Also are you really set against your second choice? Is it really that vile?

http://rfts.worldarcstudio.com/_mainsite03/sorted/1122024890.php?sec=homepage

Best of luck.
  • Options
    My A2 results:

History : A

RS : A

English : A

Politics : A

Im pretty pleased.
  • Options
    My bf got 4 Bs and 2 Cs in Sports Science, which is fab, cos he was expecting a pass, not a merit. His mate got 6 Cs in the same thing.

I'm not gonna be getting mine for 3 years :s. But I want to do Psychology, Critical Thinking and English Lit., at least.

Congratulations to everyone :D.
  • Options
    i got an A, two B's and a C !! :) and im thrilled!!!

i was expecting something like a B, C and two D's so my results are better than i expected!

the uni im going to only asks for two C's as well so im in!! *dances*

congrats to everyone else who got what they wanted!!