Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

clearing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
im going to be applying through clearing tomorrow- i already have my a-level results but i only just applied through UCAS. i was just wondering, how exactly does it work? i mean, ive read about it and i know what to do but when i phone the place i want to go to and tell them my grades etc will they decide there and then whether or not to offer me a place? or will they wait until more people have phoned up and then pick the best one?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went through clearing last year. I applied for an art based course, so I don't know if that's any help...

The day of results, I rushed home, looked at the Clearing site at UCAS and found a course I wanted to do. I phoned the university and they booked me in for an interview 2 weeks later. I received an offer letter another week or so after interview.

But, I do know that most non-art based courses don't require interview, so I'm not much help if you're applying for a 'normal' degree lol.

Ilora x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kat_B wrote:
    im going to be applying through clearing tomorrow- i already have my a-level results but i only just applied through UCAS. i was just wondering, how exactly does it work? i mean, ive read about it and i know what to do but when i phone the place i want to go to and tell them my grades etc will they decide there and then whether or not to offer me a place? or will they wait until more people have phoned up and then pick the best one?
    most uni's will offer it to you then and there. provided that you don't need an interview first. and you have what you need to be on the course.
    you just phone them up... simple as that! :)