Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how should I advertise my business........?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Lol don't worry I'm not about to start spamming.......I have just started independent distributing for a telecoms company and was wondering how to go about advertising the business? I know you can pay shops to put up leaflets in shop windows and that, but does anyone know the legalities of sticking up ads in public places? Specifically I was thinking bus stops because that would reach the intended audience.........now while I can't think of any problem in theory, I don't recall seeing any ads in bus stops?........advice is appreciated, and I'd also welcome any ideas from any budding entrepeneurs on tips regarding effective advertising ie location........bear in mind I'm on a fairly tight budget......cheers folks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you have a friendly word with shop managers (supermarkets especially) they may let you leave some leaflets for free.
    cheers for the tip, free ay? worth asking i spose.........i've e-mailed the advertising standards agency for some advice maybe they know, i'm pretty sure if it's a public place it's okay, i'm just not sure if bus stops are property of the bus companies or the government, anyone know about tube stations?.........
    You can do leaflet drops if you don't mind walking around for a few hours. Pubs, social clubs, staff-rooms often have notice boards. Sometimes libraries have tables/spinning racks with piles of leaflets...not totally sure about that one tho.
    Ive just started a business so I completely understand! Its different from me I guess though cos i have a plot in a market so mainly advertise from there. But outside of that, I bug everyone! Even my bank manager at where I have my business account has put my ads in the staff room! :D

Just annoy everyone!! Most people understand, or are happy to support you and therefore help!
    You're selling mobile phones or something?

Leaflets are rather expensive for the returns, if you're a small company you're best off with fixed or targetted advertising. People using phoneboxes should be your first targets, they're only using one because they don't have something more convenient.
    ginner wrote:
    You're selling mobile phones or something?

Leaflets are rather expensive for the returns, if you're a small company you're best off with fixed or targetted advertising. People using phoneboxes should be your first targets, they're only using one because they don't have something more convenient.

amongst other things........it's kind of like a franchise in a network marketing company that sells cheap utilities, i'm not too worried about the cost of leaflets, the company has some good ads which any distributor can use so it's just about reaching people effectively.........phoneboxes is a good idea tho, thanks........