Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Am currently experiencing the worst come down i've ever had.

Need advice on how to cope with this, can't sleep and can't get hold of any weed. Was thinking of taking a trip up to boots to get something like night nurse in the hope that it will help me have a couple hours of kip but I'm not sure if its a good idea ... tried it before and still couldn't sleep and it just made everything worse.

Please! Any ideas?

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Getting pissed is not good advice but it works for me. ;)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    all i've got in the house is tesco's own brand white-label-paint-stripper vodka so that's an absolute last resort

shit!
    getting pissed always helps ease a comedown for me...though sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and like it or lump it.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Am currently experiencing the worst come down i've ever had.

Need advice on how to cope with this, can't sleep and can't get hold of any weed. Was thinking of taking a trip up to boots to get something like night nurse in the hope that it will help me have a couple hours of kip but I'm not sure if its a good idea ... tried it before and still couldn't sleep and it just made everything worse.

Please! Any ideas?

Vallium :thumb: .
    Spliffie wrote:
    Valium :thumb: .

And where is he going to lay his hands on that?

I wouldnt suggest booze, though some people like it, if you are going to make sure to keep hydrated too.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Alcohol will just prolong the comedown, although it might make it slightly less intense in the short term. A decent meal, keeping hydrated and resting will do more to help your body recover from the hard time you have given it.
    LadyJade wrote:
    Alcohol will just prolong the comedown, although it might make it slightly less intense in the short term.

Although alcohol obviously does put your body under more strain it helps you get your apetite back and allows you to sleep a lot easier. You don't even need to get pissed for it to help. A couple of beers always sorts me out.
    Weekender Offender 
    Fair enough, but keep in mind that alcohol is a depressant and may just make things worse...
    LadyJade wrote:
    Fair enough, but keep in mind that alcohol is a depressant and may just make things worse...

Thats not really what the term means though is it, alcohol is a depressant, but thats because of its action on the CNS rather than its action on your mood.

Having said that I'm totally mystified as to how anyone can face drink after going out. And anyway its bad form to drink in the morning.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Having said that I'm totally mystified as to how anyone can face drink after going out. And anyway its bad form to drink in the morning.

My mates and I have come back from clubbing and sat for the pub to open! :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    My mates and I have come back from clubbing and sat for the pub to open! :D

Thats sounds horrid, relaxing infront of cartoons or laying in bed is the prefered option for me.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Thats not really what the term means though is it, alcohol is a depressant, but thats because of its action on the CNS rather than its action on your mood.

It wasn't really clear what I was getting at there, was it... I meant that your body responds by slowing down, which I suppose is why you start to feel sleepy, but it also means that you process all the toxins more slowly in addition to all the extra ones you put in, which prolongs the whole process and makes you feel worse the next day...
    LadyJade wrote:
    It wasn't really clear what I was getting at there, was it... I meant that your body responds by slowing down, which I suppose is why you start to feel sleepy, but it also means that you process all the toxins more slowly in addition to all the extra ones you put in, which prolongs the whole process and makes you feel worse the next day...

I see what you mean now, yes, it gives your body more to deal with when its already run down.
    Valium will also slow down your bodies ability to process the drugs you have taken, and mixing stimulants with downers isnt really ever the wisest move.
    I agree with Bong, taking Valium isn't a recommended course of action.
    Yeah, i also just get really drunk on the come down, its highly not recommend, but it works.
    buy some Synedol from the chemist- it contains codeine and a muscle relaxant- 2 of those and a couple of drinks and you feel as if you've necked 5 vallies :thumb: