Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Degree question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm confused.

I've just finished my first year of a degree at Wolverhampton. I know that my first year grades don't count towards my degree; I just have to pass my first year in order to progress to the second year. But what does my final degree grade come from? Is it just my dissertation or are my grades over the next two years taken into account too?

Thanks for any help xx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi, i've just finished my degree at wolves uni (walsall campus), heres how it goes at Wolves.. 1st year grades don't count, 2nd year grades mostly count. I think they take off your highest and lowest to get the average grades, third year everything counts including your dissertation. Which course are you taking btw?
    Oh right. Thanks for the help!

I'm taking BA (Hons) Special Needs and Inclusion Studies. I love it but Walsall campus isn't so great! :p What did you do?

x
    I did a BA (hons) Early Childhood Studies. Walsall campus is a dive compared to the Millenium building!
    In my uni, the top three modules in third year and the top two in 4th year along with your dissertation marks form your final grade.

With:
    >70% being 1st class
    60-69% being a 2:1
    50-59% being a 2:2
    40-49 being a 3rd class
    <40% being a fail
    Surely there is a guidance booklet that you get given that explains how the grading of your degree is made up? i know it varies from place to place, so in my course handbook it is explained...