Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Student Loan Problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Heylowww!
I've got a bit of a problem regarding my student loan for this year. You see my parents recently emigrated to Thailand for work and I'm having problems filling out the form. At the time (before the deadline) I didn't have a fixed address, my parents couldn't sign the form as they are abroad and also they have their P60's.
So thus I didn't have half the stuff I needed to send in.
Everytime I tried to get help from my university I had to make an appointment and then I'd go and find it closed. I made a formal complaint but I've missed the deadline.

Does anybody have a clue what I could do? I'd much appreciate it!
Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    surely the best people to talk to would be your LEA? and oh, oh so very considerate of your parents to go just before you start uni!
    Well the thing is I don't know who my LEA are now. I got my original loan from west sussex but now nobody lives there and i live in south east london. So who in the hell is my LEA!??!?
    Your LEA is still West Sussex, even if you are living in a completely different area now, I moved to a completely different areas than when I started my course, but my LEA remained the same as had been when applying for my course. So contact West Sussex.
    embers wrote:
    Your LEA is still West Sussex,
    :yes: it is.