Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Alcohol, so good yet rather nasty

2»

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    And, make you DO the most embarresing things.

But your talking about getting pissed. If you smoke too much weed you'll be sick, do too many pills and you'll be sucking your eyebrows etc etc..

Alcohol in moderation is superb drug.
    Weekender Offender 
    i don't know many people that drink in moderation though

So everybody you know drinks to get pissed?

My mates and I do get pissed but the majority of the time it's just a pint or two after work.
    Weekender Offender 
    a pint or two after work doesn't need to be moderation though because the aim is not to get drunk but when most people go out on the drink they end up pissed

Eh? :confused:
    Weekender Offender 
    after work drinks are already going to be within moderation,

Why can't you get pissed on week day?

My point was that there are a lot of drugs which make you talk shit, be agressive, act embarrasing, throw up etc - not just alcohol.

Most of the people I know don't drink to get pissed.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    yea but it's different on acid or E's, you talk shite on them but you have a bit of control over the shite you talk, drink just makes you say the stupidest, embarressing, cringeworthy things sometimes

Personally I have more control on alcohol than E.
    a pint or two after work doesn't need to be moderation though because the aim is not to get drunk but when most people go out on the drink they end up pissed

Yep, I like getting pissed. Doesn't mean I vomit, fight or embarras myself though.
    I had three cans of Stella on the train home from Glasgow, and apparently that makes me a binge drinker.

I don't drink with the intention of getting pissed- I drink beer because it tastes nice, and I'd drink ale even if it had no alcoholic content- but I do like to get tipsy and chat shite. Alcohol reduces inhibitions, it doesn't make someone who is a pacifist fight.
    turlough wrote:
    i know, you wanna see my know, cuts all over my body, fell inside a ditch full of stingy stings earlier...agh what was i at!!!

Trust you to do that.

:lol:
    Skive wrote:
    Save for the vomiting bit, isn't that rather ironic coming from somebody who loves his coke so much? :D

lol, perhaps...although coke has never made me violent.

My own theory is that because I'm a student (don't work, hardly study), I don't feel the need to get drunk. I pursue leisure all day, every day. Most of my pals who booze work or study, I see it as a kind of release thing - their brains are too overworked so alcohol provides the best counter-effect.
    J wrote:
    I'm sick of drink to be honest. I guess it's ok to relax but there's just nothing else to do when you go out at night. It's turned my brain to mash.

This is something i've never understood. Even when I got pished regularly, I never felt my head was mashed?
    I love drinkin to get pissed, waste of money otherwise :naughty: Whats so wrong with that, getting wasted is bloody good fun, and it keeps me away from doing pills at every turn.
    Spliffie wrote:
    This is something i've never understood. Even when I got pished regularly, I never felt my head was mashed?

If I drink a reasonably heavily for a week I end up feeling horrid, I think it has to do with sleep too, I never sleep well after I have drunk, and I end up being confused a lot.
    im so drunk. Alcohol rocks, far far superior to weed.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    im so drunk. Alcohol rocks, far far superior to weed.

Only in your very humble opinion ;) .
    at the best of times, Ecstacy is thee drug, no doubt about it, followed by weed, though for long term use alcohol wins hands down
    turlough wrote:
    at the best of times, Ecstacy is thee drug, no doubt about it, followed by weed, though for long term use alcohol wins hands down
    agreed.