Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Alcohol, so good yet rather nasty

I'm a normally sensible person but alcohol is just too tempting.

I know its bad for me, but I binge drink, I dont drink for a week or more then down I dont know how much wine.

The lesson is, dont drink until 3am on a weekday if you have to work.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Or stock your desk full of alka seltzer, paracetamol and instant coffee

Although those probably do more damage to your body than the wine anyway.
    No, I was drinking till I passed out at 3am, though I did make it properly to bed and brushed my teeth.

I was drunk going into work though, something I'm far from proud of, and now I actually feel worse because the alcohol has worn off completely.
    People whinge about come-downs but my body has never experienced anything worse than a Sauvignon Blanc hangover. It's horrible in so many different ways.
    After starting on Champers I was drinking that last night.
    how is your head?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    :no: oh dear...
    I'm feeling better actually, I went through a bad patch, I presume when I was withdrawing from the alcohol, but now I'm tired and have a slight headache but feel ok.

And I should point out that I dont drive to work or operate any heavy machinery.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    I'm feeling better actually, I went through a bad patch, I presume when I was withdrawing from the alcohol, but now I'm tired and have a slight headache but feel ok.
    Nasty. Sounds like quite a celebration, champers on a school night.... Hope it was worth it!
    LadyJade wrote:
    Nasty. Sounds like quite a celebration, champers on a school night.... Hope it was worth it!

Someone I know is moving back to Auz, which is a shame, so we decided to have a bit of a blow out. She's quite rich, so happened to have a few bottles of good qaulity champers and a case of nice white wine, I think we got through the lot.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I used to binge drink. Then my throat began to protest. Also, I used to sit around shaking while hungover, and couldn't even keep down the tiniest sip of water. Plus I could barley move.

So I stopped. Find a distraction or something. I am now addicted to tic tacs.
    I drink to this excess very very rarely, maybe once every few months, its just when I start getting relatively drunk it seems to keep going.

I think it doesnt help that my mates do the same.
    ever since i've practically quit drugs, i find myself binge drinking every friday and saturday night, and when i say binge drinking i mean it, a bad hangover is really bad but i don't usually get bad one's, i suppose drink is an alright buzz but it'll never beat other drugs, it's just the only drug at this stage in my life that my mind can handle pretty well
    turlough wrote:
    it's just the only drug at this stage in my life that my mind can handle pretty well
    i never worry about my mind as i discovered i have many of them.
    turlough wrote:
    i suppose drink is an alright buzz but it'll never beat other drugs

Drink beats most drugs in my opinion.
    i never worry about my mind as i discovered i have many of them.
    :razz:
    well alchoholism is the worst so can you really say that?

What exactly are you basing this upon? Are you saying you would rather be addicted to skag than be an alcoholic :confused:
    What exactly are you basing this upon? Are you saying you would rather be addicted to skag than be an alcoholic :confused:

Alcohol is actually more physically harmful than heroin.
    Blagsta is right. To be honest, i'd rahter smoke pot than drink booze. but legality and this town being full of shit dealers, limits that.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Blagsta is right. To be honest, i'd rahter smoke pot than drink booze. but legality and this town being full of shit dealers, limits that.

Blagsta was saying that drink was more harmful than other drugs, not that it was less enjoyable...
    It is also more harmful. Seen a heavy drinkers liver? It also murders brain cells quite a bit.

here my dad is an alcoholic and smetimes he gets very violent with me, my siblings and my mum when he's drunk and he puts drink before say groceries or stuff like that for the house, i'm telling you this, alcohol. if abused, is probably the worst drug there is out there, if you lived with an alcoholic you would know
    Blagsta was saying that drink was more harmful than other drugs, not that it was less enjoyable...

I don't see how people can carry on thinking alcohol is great after experimenting with drugs. Talking shite, fighting with strangers at 2am and vomitting in gutters - waste of time & money. :yes
    Spliffie wrote:
    I don't see how people can carry on thinking alcohol is great after experimenting with drugs. Talking shite, fighting with strangers at 2am and vomitting in gutters - waste of time & money. :yes

Alcohol is OK in moderation. It really is. But It won't beat weed, ever.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

That is one of the most disturbing thigns I have ever seen, heard or read.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Alcohol is good for you in moderation.
    Whereas alcohol can mess with your body if abused, weed will mess with your mind.
    Weekender Offender 
    Spliffie wrote:

I prefer alcohol to anything else these days. Most people can manage to drink without fighting and puking. And don't all drugs make people talk shite?
    Blagsta wrote:
    And don't all drugs make people talk shite?

yea but it's different on acid or E's, you talk shite on them but you have a bit of control over the shite you talk, drink just makes you say the stupidest, embarressing, cringeworthy things sometimes
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Spliffie wrote:
    Talking shite, fighting with strangers at 2am and vomitting in gutters - waste of time & money. :yes

Save for the vomiting bit, isn't that rather ironic coming from somebody who loves his coke so much? :D
    Weekender Offender 
    turlough wrote:
    yea but it's different on acid or E's, you talk shite on them but you have a bit of control over the shite you talk, drink just makes you say the stupidest, embarressing, cringeworthy things sometimes

And, make you DO the most embarresing things.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    And, make you DO the most embarresing things.

i know, you wanna see my know, cuts all over my body, fell inside a ditch full of stingy stings earlier...agh what was i at!!!