Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Advice Needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

around October I started a short college course and met this girl who I really liked. I knew that she really liked me as well. She was alsways touching me, tickling me and that type of thing. And always really interested in me and what I did.

Anyway, I tried to ask her out but bottled it everytime and we left the course as the beginning of January.

I didn't have her phone number but she lived in a small town near me so I looked up the phone book and got everyone with her name and phoned. I got half way through the list and they were all wrong numbers. I got disheartened, didn't know if I was doing the right thing and quit.

I tried to put her out of my mind but I haven't been able to.

I've actually seen her twice in the street since we left college and she waved and smiled but we were never close enough to talk.

The last time I saw her was about 4 weeks ago.

What I'm asking is what do you think I should do now? I had about 5 other phone numbers that might be hers, should I ring them even though it's been so long since we talked?

I'm scared of freaking her out, but I can't help thinking that if I don't ask her I'll regret it forever.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think you should ring but make up a fib about someone else giving you her number, or that you already had it or whatever. i wouldnt say u searched the phone book.

but yeh, i think you should go for it. why not? if she doesnt feel the same then its not like your going to see loads of her around is it? you said yourself youve seen her twice in the street since january.

yeh go for it! good luck x
    would you spend ages wondering 'what if' if you didn't call her? If you would then call her, what have you got to loose. I agree with tittletattle though if you do get hold of her don't tell her you searched the phone book

good luck

Phoenix
    Thanks. Anyone else have opinions on this?
    you have nothing to loose by ringing her

i dont think that anyone would be freaked out by

"hi. was just wondering if you wanted to go for a drink so iv looked you up"

you dont have to mention that you rang loads of numbers tho
    think you should just go for it, as you said you will just regret it otherwise. if she likes you then she wont mind, and if you are doing it to catch up with her and/or invite her for a drink or something then it'll be cool.
    don't think you should say you already had it, because then it sounds like you havent bothered to contact her since college, which u wud have done if u had the number,

fingers crossed for you man, good luck :thumb:
    You should call and say you got her # from a person you both and you wanted to know if she wanted to go to a party with you. It is will be easier to get her to agree to go to an open place aw/ lots of ppl w/o her worrying or suspsioN. That would give you a chance to talk and to ditch her if things go sour
    mmm....it's a difficult one. I'm not sure what I'd do.