Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dress for pear shapes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, i am pear shaped. not as much as i used to be, but i still have love handles :(
i want a nice dress, 1 i can wear to go out to a club/party in. Im open to all suggestions about style and colour, but dont want it to make me look pregnant.
I dont want it to be extremely tight and short tho1.
Any help??
thanx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what about something like this
    http://www.asos.com/product.asp?sku=CFCDR1085

its got detial around the waist so u dnt look pregnat then its also got a nice lentgh!!
    what about something like this
    http://www.asos.com/product.asp?sku=CFCDR1085

its got detial around the waist so u dnt look pregnat then its also got a nice lentgh!!

sorry but the main focus on that dress is to the hip area, it takes the eye to that area which will be the exact opposite to what sugar_mouse wants

to disguise it go for something with detail elsewhere
    truso
    both those dresses are gorgeous, especially the one GWST posted. With dresses like that tho, i worry bcos there doesnt seem to be much shape below the chest, it just sorta hangs. Love the detail round the chest tho, and the bit at the end!!
    The easiest thing to get your hands on at the minute, which is flattering to the pear-shaped among us, is a wrap dress. It accentuates your bust, nips in at your waist and then skims down over your hips...especially if you get a fabric with a bit of weight to it.

The best places to look for things that aren't strictly "in fashion" right now (i.e. hideously unflattering boho-chic) are those you might initially pass by: M&S, Monsoon and especially any large department stores you might have nearby...which usually have smaller "boutique" style sections from different designers and brands. Always good to find something a little bit different, and a lot of them have sales on at the moment :)
    what does everyone think of this dress??
    http://www.asos.com/product.asp?sku=CFCDR1090
    The dress is amazing.
    Not too sure if the belt will help your case though.
    For pear shapes dresses that skim over the hip area are more flattering that a dress that cling to that area.
    the belts detachable, yay!
    To be honest, i dont mind it abit clingy on my hips, the thing id rather not have is when its tight on my hips+remains tight on my thighs! If its abit tight on my hips then flares out, it may be ok!
    would an empire line be good for hiding bellies then? Or not?

Also big up monsoon-I got a fantastic dress (in the sales) last year that sucked me in and pulled me up-really truely worth the money as this pearshaped gal looked positively glowing!
    Jowolvo wrote:
    would an empire line be good for hiding bellies then? Or not?

Also big up monsoon-I got a fantastic dress (in the sales) last year that sucked me in and pulled me up-really truely worth the money as this pearshaped gal looked positively glowing!
    Yeah it would be good for that.
    they're both lovely, but not quite as casual as id like! bit too dressy, but i luv em anyway!