Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Volunteering!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been looking for a job most of the summer & as soon as i mention i'm a student who will be going back to Uni in September, they don't want me! :banghead: Its getting frustrating cuz i've got nothing else to do all summer so i've decided instead to do some volunteering because at least it's something to do & it'll go on my CV.

So does anyone have any suggestions about where I can volunteer? I havent really thought of it before so i have no idea where to begin.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends - what kind of career do you want to go into once you graduate? If you're looking to enhance your CV then it would be good to do something relevant. I've done voluntary work with a youth offending team which was relevant to what I wanted to do and really interesting. You can look at www.do-it.org too.
    Has your town got a volunteer buro? It'd be worth giving them a visit because they can tell you what exactly is available where you live and might be good at knowing what type of volunteer job would suit you. :thumb:
    www.rspca.com are always looking for volunteers.
    www.oxfam.com are too.

Ilora x