Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Adopting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Were any of you adopted, how do you feel about it. Are you glad you were? Just looking into a bit of info on how the child feels really. Pm me if you would prefer ta.

Comments

• Options
    My boyfriend was fostered and he said its the best thing ever happened to him! Some kids have that bad life at home want to get way from it!!!
  • Options
    How come you want to know if you don't mind me asking?

Edited out, will pm you, don't want everyone knowing.
  • Options
    my 17 year old bf, and his 15 yr old sister, 10 yr old bro and 7 yr old sister are all fostered, but he lives with the older sister with a foster family and is only allowed to see his lil bro and sis once a year. i think he would have quite a calm, easy life if he had no contact with his parents - they constantly depend on him for money etc, but do nothing for him in return, often physically harming him (his alcoholic mother stabbed him with an aerial the other day, and his dad used to beat him up regularly when he was younger).
    i think fostering/adoption is different for every kid - some might feel more freedom, some may feel rejected / miss their family.
  • Options
    my husbands adopted and so is his sister.
    Everything worked out fine.
    whats it about?
  • Options
    whats it about?

As i said, i would prefer not to tell everyone so feel free to pm me if you wanna know. :)
  • Options
    no its ok, if its private.
    Just wondering thats all.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies and pm's people. Feel free to keep them coming :)