Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blue Disk Silver Disk Problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
PS2 refuses to play blue disk games...which is a sod as quite a few new games are coming out in blue disk. Any ideas why? Recently bought a blue disk game and took it round a friends to check why it's playing up - and it worked fine on his and it has always happened with blue disks. Thanks for any help!

:)

Comments

• Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    It happened to a few mates of mine, you can call up Sony (there should be a number in the instruction book.) or take it to a Sony Centre and see if they will replace the lazer for you.
  • Options
    Happened to my brothers' ps2 3 times now. If its still under warranty they'll fix/replace it for you.

Don't have a problem as i have a slimline and it works perfectly ;)
  • Options
    yah its a laser problem! try sony, if they wont replace it they aint that hard to do by yourself. you can pick up a new laser for like £15 and fit it yourself.

Doofay; i woulnt be too confident about your slimline, they have really low quality lasers in there, prone to go very very quickly.
  • Options
    Koe: They do i know, but as they're new so if it does go Sony can foot the bill as it'll still be under guarantee for a good while yet :p
  • Options
    or come see me and ill fit ya a new one for a good price ;)