Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

FAO all those who marched on g8 edinborough.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you remember me saying you were wasting your time?
do you remember that i said it was a passing fad?
do you recall i said it would achieve nothing at all?
not a fucking word out of any of you about four million people starving slowly to death now is there.
so you WERE being manipulated into thinking you could actualy achieve something ...that you were being herded onto a populist bandwagon that had little or no substance.
all those very vocal supporters of this waste of time ...why are you now silent ...while people starve?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are the most socially aware those who shout the loudest?

Just because people don't go on about it all the time (discussion is different to standing on a soapbox), it doesn't mean they don't genuinely care.
    you just cant hear us shouting from wales.
    i'm concerned that the most voacal such a short time ago ...are now silent.
    i'm concerned that the most voacal such a short time ago ...are now silent.

So naturally they no longer give a shit and didn't give one before and did it because everyone else was doing it?
    it kind of lost its moment after we got bombed didnt it!

Bollocks to it, I can't be arsed.
    The Doc wrote:
    So naturally they no longer give a shit and didn't give one before and did it because everyone else was doing it?
    close!
    it kind of lost its moment after we got bombed didnt it!
    nowt was being said for the last few days up to it though ...i was waiting ...wanting someone to post about these four million starving people ...
    i decided to wait a while to kind of prove a point ...
    Infinite wrote:
    Bollocks to it, I can't be arsed.

Funny. I just did a similar thing.
    The Doc wrote:
    Funny. I just did a similar thing.
    theres just no pleasing some people ...
    theres just no pleasing some people ...

You are so high on your horse that any discussion with you is utterly pointless.
    The Doc wrote:
    You are so high on your horse that any discussion with you is utterly pointless.
    you'll make a great gp.
    arrogant and illlegible

you just don't like me frightening the children.
    I still care.
    Renzo wrote:
    I still care.
    good ...

you just don't like me frightening the children.

No, I don't like you implying that anybody who actualy supported this campaign did so because they are gullible sheep, caring little before and after the big bit in the middle, and that you are the wise man who saw through it all, but you didn't really see through anything, so you are just being unnecessarily patronising.
    I still care funnily enough - our position paper at work said that the G8 had not gone far enough and we are now being harranged by people who keep on telling us to stop being so negative and welcome what they came out with.

Most of the aid and debt relief promised it transpires isn't even new money.......

I don't deal with emergency relief though but it does kind of suck that everyone decided to ignore the UN's warnings till it all got too late and too expensive to do anything about it. But then again starving african children are just so 1984.
    Just because people don't make post after atention-seeking post about Africa and poverty doesn't mean people don't care. Charitable donations are silent, after all.

Would you prefer a weekly update on people's campaigning status?

I wrote two letters this week in support of Amnesty International's work... should I have posted about the plight of the two people I wrote to?
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Just because people don't make post after atention-seeking post about Africa and poverty doesn't mean people don't care. Charitable donations are silent, after all.

Would you prefer a weekly update on people's campaigning status?

I wrote two letters this week in support of Amnesty International's work... should I have posted about the plight of the two people I wrote to?

I could give you a blow by blow account of everything i do at work - now that would be uber exciting i'm sure.............
    Wyetry wrote:
    I could give you a blow by blow account of everything i do at work - now that would be uber exciting i'm sure.............

Yes please, lets have daily updates please! ;)
    You know what? I think I can be arsed to deal with this.

No, I don't. Mostly because you type a lot of words but generally say bugger all.

The campaign is still going. Emails are still going out and pressure is still being kept on MPs/MSPs. There was a lot of coverage in the lead up to G8 (which wasn't in Edinburgh by the way) because there was a genuine chance that it might make a difference. And it did. There was no way that level of saturation could be maintained.

Do you want Bob Geldof to be on tv everyday? Would that make you feel that people still cared? Using your frankly stupid logic, because you didn't mention Africa last week, you didn't care about it. If you don't mention it next week then you don't care about it. Or would that be an insulting insinuation? Like the one you just threw out?

If you genuinley feel that sitting on your arse sniping at fok who actually tried to make a difference accomplishes more......well...you are a pretty pathetic individual. Do you actually think that posting about people starving in Africa, as a way to have a go at other people, is helpful? Go you, you champion of the African people.
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Yes please, lets have daily updates please! ;)

Ohhh well so far i've come in made a cup of coffee and checked my emails - then i'm going to do loads of boring financial stuff like filling in Timesheets (don't you just love the EU for making you do that) and making sure that all our overseas partners have got the money the require for projects, then i have to go and shout at a taxi company who seem to have charged us for 9 pick ups when we only had 6 people coming to see us, oh and i have to order loads of stationary. Do a request to the UK government for more money for another project and order some stationary.

Soo exciting - I do do more exciting stuff usually just i'm leaving at the end of the week and need to get all the financial stuff in order for the next person.
    Wyetry wrote:
    Ooh and i have to order loads of stationary.

What sort of stationary?
    The Doc wrote:
    What sort of stationary?

Recycled paper and toner cartridges
    LMAO @ Infinite. I never realised you could be so funny :p
    Doofay wrote:
    I never realised you could be so funny :p

:(

I knew I was under-appreciated on here. :p
    The Doc wrote:
    No, I don't like you implying that anybody who actualy supported this campaign did so because they are gullible sheep, caring little before and after the big bit in the middle, and that you are the wise man who saw through it all, but you didn't really see through anything, so you are just being unnecessarily patronising.
    me thinking i'm the wise man!!!!!!!
    the wise guy often but ....
    have you ever understood that if you accuse everybody ...lots of people come out of the woodwork?
    lots of people ...suddenly stand up ...
    Infinite wrote:
    You know what? I think I can be arsed to deal with this.

No, I don't. Mostly because you type a lot of words but generally say bugger all.

The campaign is still going. Emails are still going out and pressure is still being kept on MPs/MSPs. There was a lot of coverage in the lead up to G8 (which wasn't in Edinburgh by the way) because there was a genuine chance that it might make a difference. And it did. There was no way that level of saturation could be maintained.

Do you want Bob Geldof to be on tv everyday? Would that make you feel that people still cared? Using your frankly stupid logic, because you didn't mention Africa last week, you didn't care about it. If you don't mention it next week then you don't care about it. Or would that be an insulting insinuation? Like the one you just threw out?

If you genuinley feel that sitting on your arse sniping at fok who actually tried to make a difference accomplishes more......well...you are a pretty pathetic individual. Do you actually think that posting about people starving in Africa, as a way to have a go at other people, is helpful? Go you, you champion of the African people.
    wow!