Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

man accidentally shot dead had expired visa

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Well, obviously there are many things that remain unclear. However, I don't think him being here illegally really has any bearing on him running away and getting shot.

no, i think you're probably right. it doesn't.

so, back to my original point - why is it being presented as if it should make a difference?

also note that in many of the articles they start the story saying he may have had an expired visa. they end by saying 3 would-be terrorists are still at large. they are connecting a story where there really shouldn't be one. people will associate them.
    It's being presented that way because people are cunts.

All 4 would be terrorists are in custody btw.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    All 4 would be terrorists are in custody btw.
    and so obviously guilty alradty!
    "would be" terrorists. Law enforcement by esp.

The propaganda gets better and better! :rolleyes:
    the scariest bit isn't the deaths and bombs and suicide missions ...it is the speed and extent that the western psyche has been altererd rrrrregarding guilt.
    the police say ...the politicians say ...the media agree ...and there we have it ...case closed.

of course it was them ...no need for courts ...so no need for law.
    and so obviously guilty alradty!
    You know better than to say that of me rolly.

how's the keyboard?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    You know better than to say that of me rolly.

how's the keyboard?
    keyboard is now fine.

guess what ...the big heavy coat being worn on a hot summers day ...turns out to be a small denim jacket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned this so far, so just as an aside. Does anyone else think that the nail bombs in the photos released by ABC look like they were put together by a 14 yr old?
    ya never know, maybe they wer
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned this so far, so just as an aside. Does anyone else think that the nail bombs in the photos released by ABC look like they were put together by a 14 yr old?

I'm not sure you get extra marks for presentation.
    i imagine u lose quite a few tho for them not detonating and making ur little torrorist cell look like a bunch of morons.
    NQA wrote:
    I'm not sure you get extra marks for presentation.
    Seriously though, look at it, it's not going to do anything serious. For "professional" terrorists they know fuck all about how to cause real trouble. Why bother taping the nails so they point outwards? and why so few nails? A nail bomb is a medicine bottle sized amount of explosive, in the centre of tightly packed two kilograms of metal that's been parcel taped in a tesco bag.

That "bomb" is nothing short of a pisstake.

waits for fbi, cia, mi5 and backup of army and police to arrive
    There's a possibility that ABC have been sold a pup and its not the bomb at all. It wouldn't be the first time a paper in its rush to get an exclusive has fallen for a hoax.

However, given that it didn't explode its possible the bombmakers weren't experts. They also seem to have been relying on blast, more than shrapnel, which is why they didn't use many nails. They were just an additive, rather than the main agriedient.
    Look, no-one adds nails and expects it to be an added bonus, if you make a nail bomb it's because you want shrapnel. Seriously, it's a fuck up by someone.
    When somebody is thrown on the floor and has bullets fired in to them at close range, that is not an 'accident'.