Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hyper-extension in knees

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I have slight hyper-extension in my knees....
Well i do ballet and when i stand on 1 leg on my right leg en pointe (tips of your toes) you can see it really well on that leg....well i've been told you're born with hyper-extension....but i've hardly got it at all in my left leg. My right leg is also my stronger leg aswell....so im wondering if ballet has actually made it more hyper-extended than my left or they're just naturally uneven...?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have that quite severely in both legs. They bend backwards but only when i stand up, possibly cos my legs are so long and weak that i cannot do it without weight. I have a black belt in karate and started training when I was 9 but I'm also tall, so the training added on to the 'born with' could contribute?
    well ive been training since i was 3 but i'm not very tall, around 5ft 4
    hyper extension? does that make you run faster or something. you should do track
    it means when you stretch your leg, your knee goes inwards making a backward c shape along your leg and btw, im a shit runner
    this is hyperextention http://www.carletonsportsmed.com/Knee_hyperextension/knee_hyperextension.jpg
    I think I've got it slighly in my legs and arms but I've had no trouble or pain.
    hyper extension? does that make you run faster or something. you should do track

If I was a good runner I wouldn't need to be a good fighter!