Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Euromillions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
One ticket has won £77 million on Euromillions and the winner bought their ticket in Ireland :crazyeyes

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Woah. That is one lucky person.
    lucky bugger :grump:
    Bloody hell ... 77 million!!!
    lea_uk wrote:
    One ticket has won £77 million on Euromillions and the winner bought their ticket in Ireland :crazyeyes
    Yeah, well did you hear of that sindicate of eleven Tesco workers who won the 17,000,000 rollover jackpot. Guess where they come from? (hint, check my location details). Oooo, so close! :D
    My dad's work sindicate won £48 last week heh.
    i hope it was turlough, cause if it was, i call shotgun on a free pint
    i saw a report on tb a few nites ago and they said the majoritey of winners are unhappy with their winnings, personally i wouldn't have a clue wat to do with 77 million quid, i'd prob party myself to deatj, i'd be happy enuff with 77 grand :D
    We once got nearly £1500 on 5 numbers on the normal Lottery, to be honest I think that's crap. If we'd have got 6 numbers it would have got over £80k. I think they should devide it up better but hey-ho, it's better than a slap in the face!
    I won 24.30p on the Euromillions :D
    My chap won £23. He owes me £20 wonder if that will be remembered?!
    I remember the time when getting 4 numbers meant you got about £130.
    turlough wrote:
    i saw a report on tb a few nites ago and they said the majoritey of winners are unhappy with their winnings, personally i wouldn't have a clue wat to do with 77 million quid, i'd prob party myself to deatj, i'd be happy enuff with 77 grand :D

I'd keep the lion's share for myself, but I would want to take a chunk off and just divide it amongst my immediate relatives, i.e. aunts uncles, cousins, etc so they could pay off their mortgages, etc

It was a woman that won BTW
    Is it true that if he was to put it in the bank he'd earn about £3600 interest each day?
    Is it true that if he was to put it in the bank he'd earn about £3600 interest each day?

probably.

imagine having that much money! :o
    I think that's disgraceful. The whole country is campaigning to 'Make Poverty History' and some random woman from Ireland has just cashed in 77 Million pounds.

That's disgusting.
    I think that's disgraceful. The whole country is campaigning to 'Make Poverty History' and some random woman from Ireland has just cashed in 77 Million pounds.

That's disgusting.

That's Peanuts to what you're comparing in Africa.

In African countries - officals steal Billions every year from their own people, there's no point cancelling African debt if the money just gets redirected into Swiss Bank Accounts. Corruption is Africa's biggest downfall, having lived in East Africa for some time I used to see it every single day.

Compare Ghana and Malaysia, both countries got independence in the same year and look at how the two countries compare, one was well managed and the other wasn't.

Africa has all the natural resources it needs, but it's never been properly managed.
    She bought her ticket just like everyone else did, its not her fault her numbers won.
    Ok, so it may not be fair, but its not for her to rid the world of debt.

But the words "pot", "kettle" and "black" come to mind slightly... [in reference to Ilora's post]
    MrG wrote:
    i hope it was turlough, cause if it was, i call shotgun on a free pint

didn't see that the first time...i wish it was me...i'd buy everyone here a round and still have 77 million left...

there's a bank holiday weekend in Ireland so the woman can't cash it in until tuesday...she must be gaurding that ticket with all her life i bet ya
    According to the Sunday Express, she's a mother of five and her husband has a triple heart bypass last year.

She rang the local Police to ask them to look after the ticket, but instead they called the local bank manager, who came and took the ticket away (trusting!) and locked it in the vault at the bank.
    £77M sterling. That's about €113M euro. Apparently, so I've heard, se was on her way to meet someone and just popped into the shop and did ONE lucky dip thingy. :crazyeyes
    Who needs all that money anyway, one hundred people could of had €1M each. :thumb:

Yep! :yes:
    Compare Ghana and Malaysia, both countries got independence in the same year and look at how the two countries compare, one was well managed and the other wasn't.

Africa has all the natural resources it needs, but it's never been properly managed.

Haha, I saw that report. Well I was forced to watch it by my parents but it's true.

I don't see why it's a problem that people play the lottery and that this woman has won so much money. If a person spends £4 a month on the lottery and gives £20 a month to charity then they are still doing something. And you have no idea what she'll do with that money either. £76 million of it might go to Oxfam.
    The Doc wrote:
    £76 million of it might go to Oxfam.
    One can hope...

Ilora x

That's disgusting.

why is it? it's the national lottery, it's what it's all about!

anyway the national lottery do fund some events and charities.
    kleefarr wrote:
    Yep! :yes:

According to News Of The World, it's actually 5k.
    One can hope...

Ilora x
    So if you won what would you do with the money then?
    just curious