Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

feelingless sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do some poeple think its wrong to just have meaningless sex with many people? wen i say feelingness i just mean like just sex, not getting involved with the person.

Comments

• Options
    Some people think sex is special, it depends on how much an individual values it.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Why do some poeple think its wrong to just have meaningless sex with many people? wen i say feelingness i just mean like just sex, not getting involved with the person.
    Casual sex, one-night stands, that sort of thing? Personally, I've never said explicitly it's wrong, I simply say that I can't do it. Tried it, hated it.
  • Options
    Meaningless sex is great.

But it's better in a long term relationship when you get chance to know what each other likes...
  • Options
    yeah that is true, but i dont understand people who get all lairy about it
  • Options
    Because of the risks involved.
  • Options
    I've got nothing against the meaningless sex thing, but personally, I wouldn't do it. Just cause of the way I feel.
  • Options
    well like it depends on how you look at it, if you want there to be some desire in it, your probably not going to find it with someone who doesn't even know your name
  • Options
    personally, I have nothing against other people having meaningless sex, but personally, I couldn't do that.

If you want the truth, I was afraid of sex for the longest time before I met my bf.
  • Options
    Yea i dnt know how cud any1 just go and have sex with sum1 they dnt no?? How do u know where they bin, wot they got??
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:

Everyone has different opinions. It's just one of those things. Some people, for whatever reason, may feel cheap and dirty for letting someone use their bodies just to release their sexual tension in a, perhaps, perceived 'animal' manner .... I for one love feeling cheap, dirty and a bit 'animal' ... :naughty:
  • Options
    Yea i dnt know how cud any1 just go and have sex with sum1 they dnt no?? How do u know where they bin, wot they got??

Condoms! It makes their sexual past less of an issue ...
  • Options
    there is nothing wrong with a quickie
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:

Religion would seem to be the answer.
  • Options
    It depends on how you feel about sex.
    alot of people believe its something special and meaningful, therefore, meaningless sex would not be an option.
    I think that "meaningles" sex doesnt exist - always has a meaning if its just to make me feel sexy lol
  • Options
    I would do a no-strings-sex thing with someone i know, but not with a stranger. For several reasons. It would depend if they could cope with it though - there's nothing worse than having no strings and then they get all attatched and you're just like "FFS I SAID NO STRINGS". Lol :) (I havent actually had no strings sex, just no strings... well you know).

I think sex can be shared between any two people who trust each other. I don't think I could wholly trust a stranger, incase they did have an STI or some such.
  • Options
    I think meaningless sex is ok and is up to the indvidual. I used to have meaningless sex before I met my boyfriend. It is much better now I'm in a relationship but at the time meaningless sex was just what I needed and wanted.
  • Options
    i personally couldnt do meaningless sex, i'd feel dirty. Just how i am.
  • Options
    >
  • Options
    I agree with everyone whose voiced the "it's fine if both people are clear on the arrangement, and are using protection" opinion. It's no one else's business if people get enjoyment out of it, and I'm sure the majority of people engaging in no-strings sex aren't doing it to attain a stronger feeling of self-worth. Or entrap a life partner. It is what it is, for the most part.

Personally, it's a moot point, as I'm in a relationship...but I'm not adverse to the idea ;)