Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hell the police know what's right

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
lets get rid of trials as theyre obviously a waste of time

association of police officers

mouthful of a site but read

Comments

• Options
    Some make sense, some don't.
  • Options
    If this isn't a clause intimating the very long desired realisation of tyrannical control by the elites, for the protection of their own - not the public's - interests, nothing is...

In the legalese language of the report...(emaphasis mine)
    The new proposed offence is intended to capture the expression of sentiments which do not amount to direct incitement to commit terrorist acts but which are made with the intent to encourage others to commit terrorist acts

Translation into the practical application intended by the "authorities"...
    The new proposed offence is intended to criminalise all expressions of dissent, grievance against and public criticism of the establishment which - whilst presumed by the public to be their inalienable right and civic duty -are made with the intent to challenge, infringe upon or otherwise deny the authorities their realisation of absolute concentration of power and privilege.

In short, the definitions of "terrorism" are steadily revealing themselves to be precisely those which I have long warned they would be, in keeping with the clear lessons of history. Sweeping, open-ended and transparently loaded with the implication that any who dare attempt to rally others to oppose the collusionist corporatist governments' (G8 anyone?) plans in any way will be dealt with severely.

Hmmm... so tell me again how horrible Soviet repression was or how we had to decimate Iraq because "Saddam killed his own people", or the horrible oppression of Mugabe which we "really must do something to stop!", et al. The sheeple don't seem to notice or care that its happening step by step outside their own front doors every day this WoT farce is allowed to continue.

Welcome to the "New World Order".

(Apologies for interrupting those who were enjoying East Enders).

Next generation folk, stay tuned in the coming decades for likely firsthand witness to the further realisation of long planned and rehearsed control measures...

From America with Love
  • Options
    If this isn't a clause intimating the very long desired realisation of tyrannical control by the elites, for the protection of their own - not the public's - interests, nothing is...

In the legalese language of the report...(emaphasis mine)

Translation into the practical application intended by the "authorities"...

In short, the definitions of "terrorism" are steadily revealing themselves to be precisely those which I have long warned they would be, in keeping with the clear lessons of history. Sweeping, open-ended and transparently loaded with the implication that any who dare attempt to rally others to oppose the collusionist corporatist governments' (G8 anyone?) plans in any way will be dealt with severely.

Hmmm... so tell me again how horrible Soviet repression was or how we had to decimate Iraq because "Saddam killed his own people", or the horrible oppression of Mugabe which we "really must do something to stop!", et al. The sheeple don't seem to notice or care that its happening step by step outside their own front doors every day this WoT farce is allowed to continue.

Welcome to the "New World Order".

(Apologies for interrupting those who were enjoying East Enders).

Next generation folk, stay tuned in the coming decades for likely firsthand witness to the further realisation of long planned and rehearsed control measures...

From America with Love

Uhhhm so... Say you went out and did a protest that was peaceful, but that criticised say for example the Anti Terrorist laws would you end up treated as a terrorist and denied a fair trial/locked up ect?

I mean for working with human rights?
  • Options
    Fuuuuuuhhhhhccckkkkkiiiiiiiiinnnnnng heeeellll.
    Uhhhm so... Say you went out and did a protest that was peaceful, but that criticised say for example the Anti Terrorist laws would you end up treated as a terrorist and denied a fair trial/locked up ect?

Yeah. it's goodbye P&D board, hello new world order. Me saying "I don't think people should pay taxes" would be a criminal offence. :shocking:
    Indirect Incitement to Criminal Acts
    Public provocation is defined as “inciting the commission of an offence whether or not directly…”
    The introduction of this offence will significantly widen the scope of the incitement offence. Clearly there is a Europe wide drive for such legislation to which we would wish to be a key partner.

More of my favourites -
    Allow initial cash seizure hearings to take place in closed session.

Any bets on this being extended to the IR?
    This will prevent organisations from evading the proscription regime by changing their name.

"Patriots" in America have long argued that they are not their names. No doubt some bright spark has being doing it here too.

Yadda yadda. Don't mess with us, yadday yadda.
  • Options
    Once these measures are fully entrenched along with the multi-billion dollar surveillance and control mechanisms being implemented (at the tax payers' own expense, mind you) by big business interests, that is most likely precisely what youll see.

Already the aggressive provocations by heavily armed storm-trooperesque police units can be seen being brought to bear on anti-globalist rallies in on both sides of the Atlantic. Of course always with the media-assisted excuse that the protestors themselves caused the violence.

As I suggested, stay tuned the worst is yet to come.
  • Options
    Hopefully Liberty will have an article tomorrow.
  • Options
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050730/ap_on_re_us/private_prisons

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=70406

http://www.globalproject.info/art-4086.html

The good ol U S of A is getting ready to handle even more prisoners, planning "8 years into the future" for profit making private prisons.

Over here 7 out of 10 prisons for asylum seekers awaiting deportation are privately owned. Nice to think that with a flick of the pen you can double the value of your stock isn't it.
  • Options
    And people still trust the police?

Completely unfathomable.
  • Options
    Hard to break indoctrination of trust in "the establishment" Kermy. Especially for most who couldn't be arsed to do more than rely on mainstream news soundbites for their daily quotient of "information".