Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How many driving tests did you take??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some people pass 1st time, but then again some people pass 5th time. How many driving test's did you take??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    three.

first one i drove like a driving genius and failed on something not entirely my fault, but entirely annoying.

second one i was really nervous, drove like a maniac, stalled about 10 times and thoroughly deserved to fail.

third time i did ok, but not as well as the first time, but still passed. odd.
    I took four tests.
    i passed on my 2nd test
    Passed first time.

Like I could fail with my dad being a driving instructor... :yeees:
    Second time.

First time I had 10 faults and 1 major. Which sucked.

Second time, 1 fault.

Loved it!
    Passed First Time :D
    One. Even though I thought I reversed over the curb whilst reversing around a corner. :blush: I ended up taking half my clothes off too, because I was so hot and nervous (hehe, yeah right... :angel: )
    BumbleBee wrote:
    I ended up taking half my clothes off too, because I was so hot and nervous (hehe, yeah right... :angel: )

Hehe I sense some foul play here..taking your clothes off to *impress* the examiner.

:chin:
    :impissed: 5 driving tests, no passes.
    Two tests...i failed first time on my reverse parking and it was downhill from there!!Was quite impressed with my second attempt considering the examiner had failed most people in my school! :hyper:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Passed 2nd time.
    Weekender Offender 
    Passed first time :D

Although the examiner was young and was kinda flirting with me... :angel:
    hoping to pass second time
    Passed fourth time :)
    Three, but i still believe it had something to do with the time of day.
    I passed first time, it was nearly 10 whole years ago though and i had about 100 lessons before i dared take my test.
    just the one
    I passed first time but i'd been driving for ages, had prescription pills to make me chill and i think the examiner felt a bit sorry for me as i hyperventalated my way through it. I hit and kerb and swore too! Got 3 minors:)
    Hehe I sense some foul play here..taking your clothes off to *impress* the examiner.

:chin:

:lol: If you'd seen me you'd know it wouldn't be all that impressive, and I'd have been more likely to pass by putting them back on! Hehe!
    Two.

First: 15 minors and 5 major faults
    Second: 2 minors
    passed first time.
    Gonna take my fourth sometime soon

1st: the examiner was a bit of a snooty bitch and failed me for hitting the thing when reversing into a parking bay and going to slow (yeah right) and i had 15 minors

2nd: 5 minors, on my way back to the test centre i was at a mini roundabout, the guy giving way to me (in a skoda no less) stopped so i went forward, he obviously saw the L plates and shot of, making me brake i.e i caused a hazard even though it wasnt my fault

3rd: the examiner told me he was from Southampton and it kinda went downhill from there, hit the kerb reversing around a corner and burst into tears and kinda lost it

all of those have been afternoon ones, im gonna go for a morning one next time, apparantly they pass more people in the morning
    Have given up after failing five times. Cant even be bothered to list where i went wrong as it well take me forever to type out. But i onlpy failed on the last one becuase i thought someone was turning off a roundabout and went to go but he was still coming. :no:
    Have nearly crashed in four of my tests. :nervous: Ended up using beta-blockers for the last three because I got SO nervous and exams dont normally scare me. And the cost was getting horrendous.
    three goes. and even though it took forever and i never thought i would pass, im SO glad i carried on. i really would advise everyone to keep trying, it's worth it.
    Passed first time...

Personally, I reckon if you haven't passed by the third attempt then you should pretty much give up. You really aren't cut out for driving! Just my opinion (which will probably offend a few people).

Oh - and most of these "examiner was a fooker" type excuses are bollocks. If you mess up or are a shit driver, then you fail. Simple as.
    i passed 2nd time even though i was a bit shit, must have been my pretty face.
    Am yet to do mine, but for some reason i'm not doing it at the Loughborough where the pass rate is like 46 % (but my boyfriends still managed to fail first time :p) and the routes are all easy and stuff. Instead City Center, pass rate 29 % i'm doooomed!

I once made a joke to my driving instructor actually, about this woman that works at the test center, she's failed about 5 of my friends and quite a few other people i know, i jokingly said well she must have passed somebody during her time, and my instructor was like i dunno she's never passed one of my students :|

Also you people and hitting the curb but still passing, how jammy i got told that was an instant fail ;(
    beans wrote:
    Also you people and hitting the curb but still passing, how jammy i got told that was an instant fail ;(
    so was I. I was 500metres from the test centre, pulled into the side of the road just bumped it. Swore. I totally fell to pieces was like crying got to test centre and the examiner it didn't matter coz I drove really well even after hitting the curb. I was lucky tbh.
    Four

Briony, it's good manners to answer your own questions!
    I've failed twice so far. Second time only got 4 minors & 1 major though ;d

Then again, Bolton does have one of the lowest pass rates in the country...