Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mmm messed up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok heres a little rant

i split with my girlfriend for a month went back with her a few weeks before her holiday when she went on holiday she came back then dumped me. we was together for a year and 8 months about.

so a few weeks later i met a girl who i never thought of fancing but we done loads of stuff together lately in the past 3 weeks.

one of my mate has been out with her before a while back but then was not too keen on her.

the other night he was telling me how he got rejected from this girl from work after his rejection he then goes back to the girl who i was getting close to.

i was really close to her been chessington watched loads of movies with her chatted to her for 5 hours straight with no tv or radio even went camping. i never told her how i felt but i felt that would scare her away i dropped hints to her but as she told me she cant pick up hints but people gossiped and she was like i dont know what the big deal is we are just friends so i feel she only saw me as a friend but i could not tell.

but now i feel back at square one and im missing my ex gf now because i feel like i cant think forward like i could before when i was seeing this girl thinking its not so bad being single i can move on but now i just been hit back down :crying: .

Comments

• Options
    You just need sometime to clear your head. You've only just gotten out of a relationship meaning you are basically on the rebound, which wouldn't be fair on the girl you like. Look on the brightside and notice that you have a great friend, who you might not have gotten to know so well if it wasn't for the break-up anyway.
  • Options
    Its not always easy to replace someone. You cant. Everyone is unique and you have to take each situation differently. I tried doing the same as you (a rebound) and it didnt really work out. In my case i realised they were completely wrong for me, but i did enjoy my time with them all the same. Just leaving it behind now. I think people can tell when you havnt quite moved on as well and this puts them off. Jumping from one person to the next is definately a bad thing. Thing is when you have been used to being in a relationship you expect it to slot into place instantly. I think relationships are one of the hardest learning experiences. Im meeting up with another new person soon and im worried the same thing will happen again, but im going to take it slowly this time and not worry about what it leads to! If i simply make a new friend then thats good enough for me. I guess you just have to think of it like that. But then its hard to take your own advice lol! Spend time with your friends. When im with my friends im having such a good time that i hardly miss my ex then. One positive thing about rebounds, they do make you realise things. Mine even gave me some good advice which i wont forget. Its hard when you hurt, but you have to accept things eventually. People say to me that you have to get your heart broken at least once. Make yourself feel good, hang out with attractive people, enjoy the world. If they dont want you its their loss! (As my friends say!) :p Just go a bit mad, its all you can do! Then hopefully everything will go right again!
  • Options
    It will take you time to get your head straight.

Split with my ex in March - met someone straight away. I'm only just right now. I've recently started seeing someone else, but I'm having to take it extremely slowly. You can't compare two people you've had relationships with, as Fairy said above, everyone is different. Try to sit back and have some time thinking about you, you might feel a bit better and be able to see things for what they are more clearly.
  • Options
    and never expect things to be the same because remember everyones differant! look forward to all the new experiances someone new can give you !