Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hot dogs

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
obviously my mum is so mint as to have some hotdogs ready for me in a bowl, and a kettle ready to boil the water, to pour into the bowl, and make the hotdogs warm, to put in a bun and eat

then i noticed the ingrediants on the tin, obviously i know it doesnt have any dog in, cause that would be well scary, but did you know that these hot dogs were:

39% mechanically recovered meat, and the rest was an assortment including, but not limited to, pork rind, chicken skin, some other random things

makes you think how they make the hotdogs taste so nice :P
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lovely :yum:
    I found this on a website...

Mechanically Separated Poultry (MSP) is a paste-like and batter-like poultry product produced by forcing bones, with attached edible tissue, through a sieve or similar device under high pressure to separate bone from the edible tissue. Mechanically separated poultry has been used in poultry products since the late 1960's. In 1995, a final rule on mechanically separated poultry said it was safe and could be used without restrictions. However, it must be labeled as "mechanically separated chicken or turkey" in the product's ingredients statement. The final rule became effective November 4, 1996. Hot dogs can contain any amount of mechanically separated chicken or turkey.

:yuck:
    i hope these thoughts of chicken keep you all on your toes today
    MrG wrote:

Monosodium glutamate!

You should try the kind you get in a jar rather than a tin, available at all good Lidl/Aldi type shops near you and some good supermarkets. No chicken in them and they're just nicer.

Even better, proper bratwurst. I have some in my fridge right now waiting to be fried. :yum:
    without sounded a bit like derek from big brother i myself would be a bit partial to a bit of dog, especially bitches, nothing like like a bit of a bitches leg to get you through the day, up the tory party ;)
    MrG wrote:
    obviously my mum is so mint as to have some hotdogs ready for me in a bowl, and a kettle ready to boil the water, to pour into the bowl, and make the hotdogs warm, to put in a bun and eat

then i noticed the ingrediants on the tin, obviously i know it doesnt have any dog in, cause that would be well scary, but did you know that these hot dogs were:

39% mechanically recovered meat, and the rest was an assortment including, but not limited to, pork rind, chicken skin, some other random things

Yup. They also have a big fat content as well. Did you know chicken nuggets are just mashed up chicken skin & carcases with other crap added to them to make em taste nice, look on the back, they never say "made from the finest chicken breast" or what ever.
    Yup. They also have a big fat content as well. Did you know chicken nuggets are just mashed up chicken skin & carcases with other crap added to them to make em taste nice, look on the back, they never say "made from the finest chicken breast" or what ever.

i really don't care what chicken nuggets are made from...threy taste nice :yum:
    mmm frankfurters!!!
    frankfurters :yum:

damnit I want hot dogs now ;(
    i'd love a hot dog now aswell, there's just not that many dogs around my estate now, there's loads of hot bitches though...we'll eat them out
    If it's really bad for your health then it's gonna taste gooooooood

How else does Micky D's survive??
    If it's really bad for your health then it's gonna taste gooooooood

How else does Micky D's survive??

kiwi fruits taste nice!!!
    Mmmmm, Bratwurst. They are the undisputed sausage kings :(

Best tasting sausages in the universe.
    bockworsters are loverly too (sorry, if I've speltthat wrong)
    Speaking of hot dogs... Hehe

swao_page2_v2.gif

Lovecraftian hot dogs :)
    German Bratwurst tastes so good.

<3

I haven't eaten a hotdog in ages.
    Mc'Donalds claim their chicken nuggets are made out of chicken breast meat only.

They are now. But I think previously they were a bit more dubious :shocking:
    Now they make a big point of saying it's chicken breast meat so I expect they wouldn't risk being found out for lying now.
    frankfurters are the most disgusting thing ever. even the smell makes me want to Vom.
    Mmmmm, Bratwurst. They sell some in Asda but it's just not the same. I need to go back to Germany. They are the undisputed sausage kings :(

I liked the ones in Canda - they were all beef though no chicken or anything.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Chorizo is the best sausage without a doubt.!

After the pub I quite often warm up thinly sliced chorizo in frying pan and then add a little lager. Slap it between two slices and :yum:
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Chorizo is the best sausage without a doubt.!

After the pub I quite often warm up thinly sliced chorizo in frying pan and then add a little lager. Slap it between two slices and :yum:

i agree with that one, tis nice if you lightly fry the bread as well :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'd like a hot dog too... But of all the brands of sausages I've tried I like only one, and they recently found that company to be using "bad material" so I guess it will be ages before I eat a sausage again...
    Zalbor wrote:
    "bad material"

Explain?

People!?!?!?! :crazyeyes
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    German Bratwurst tastes so good.

<3

I haven't eaten a hotdog in ages.

Barwursts are godly! And you, now you made me want some, and I can't get any. :crying:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    /me shrugs

I don't remember exactly, I think the meat didn't meet the standards or something.