Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help needed!!! Personal Statement 4 Uni!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hello everybody,

I know this is gonna seem really boring but I am a virgin (to this website!!).

I am applying for uni and need advice on my PS, please read the below and be honest xx

I have chosen a LLB (Hons) Law degree bcoz it will enable me to study crim & tort law in much greater depth. Having studied a lev 2 vocational course in paralegal studies, it has confirmed my interest in studying a LLB in law.

Working full-time for one of the largest organisation, the Metropolitan Police service within the Criminal Justice Unit, it has given me the opportunity to collate evidence from internal and external agencies, e.g. the CPS, PC's & solicitors. Undertaking the role of Youth case clerk, I have developed skills such as working to deadlines, confidentiality, diplomacy, working as part of a team as well as working independantly.

I have gained valuable knowledge of the working practises of the Criminal Justice Unit, the CPS and the ethics of working in a Pol stn whilst attending Mag's youth court on many occassions. I also have knowledge of the court procedure. The experience and knowledge I have gained through working as a youth case clerk should prove useful in my chosen undergraduate degree course.

(The cheesy part)
Being a keen jogger has helped me maintain physical fitness as well as developing my aptitute to work towards deadlines and self-discipline.

I am looking forward to building on my existing experiences at work and college and looking forward to studying at uni and the chance to further my knowledge in law.

I know it is long winded, but please help me out.

Thank you guys. (Loads of Love) My lol!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you'd be a lot better having this on the student boards.
    you'd be a lot better having this on the student boards.
    Thank you, im just tryna work out how to move it from 1 thread 2 the next?!
    Chanone wrote:
    Thank you, im just tryna work out how to move it from 1 thread 2 the next?!

only a moderator can do that

the only thing you can do is ask/wait for it to be moved, or post an identical one in the student forum