Home› Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So, how bad is it going to get?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We've just had our first public execution in quite awhile.

The spin is at the most skewed i have ever seen it.

We've got ID cards, increased bailiff powers, removal of jury trials etc just around the corner.

So, how bad is it going to get for the average freedom loving person?

Am I worrying about nothing?

Seeing threats where there are shadows only?

Or is all this some sort of underground coup as I suspect it to be?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i wouldn't worry too much...i plan to live a rolly type of life myself when i get to a certain age and as long as i could live out that country life then i wouldn't be too worried about what the system tells me to do
    Simple, won't be long 'til we lose freedom of speech. We'll no longer have any privacy, we'll all live in fear and segregate ourselves. There'll be witch hunts too.
    turlough wrote:
    i wouldn't worry too much...i plan to live a rolly type of life myself when i get to a certain age and as long as i could live out that country life then i wouldn't be too worried about what the system tells me to do
    but even here in my hills mate ...people are getting edgey.
    the courntryside folk have already been battling ith the PTB ...and mostly lost.
    klint mentioned bailifs ...their powers have already been increased as poor farmers loose everything they ever had ...and will never get back.
    it's happening right now and guess who ends up with house and the land ...monsanto and other gold bearing giants. it is these people who are dictating law and rules of play ...like never before.

north wales is crawling with gun cops cos a huge nurmber of people in the hills have firearms. not as many as ten years ago when people out here were forced to hand over handguns.

a new world order for the 21st century is in place and gearing up.

i feel for you youngsters.
    i'm the last of a kind i think ...there is no way you will have the freedoms i have enjoyed.
    heres to the future.
    if anything goes is owt to go by, i suggest if you've any plans to leave the country, now is the time.

only problem is, where would you go?
    kaffrin wrote:
    if anything goes is owt to go by, i suggest if you've any plans to leave the country, now is the time.

only problem is, where would you go?
    well the good old USA is out of the question these days.

just read a post of your faf ...if it's true what you say about the police shouting run run ...then it gets ever more chilling.
    just read a post of your faf ...if it's true what you say about the police shouting run run ...then it gets ever more chilling.

think about it this way: you're innocent, you see police with guns chasing someone people are scattering every which way - would you suspect for a second they were chasing you until it was too late? or would you just leg it, presuming the guilty guy would get it in the neck, and you'll be out of the way?

"I could hear shouting, 'get down' and people going 'run, run'. I thought there was just someone shooting randomly."

from here
    We've just had our first public execution in quite awhile.

I thought there was a guy shot a few weeks back up north for brandishing a firearm at police?
    Simple, won't be long 'til we lose freedom of speech

We already have, check the John Tydnall thread or look at the quotes NG was charged for.
    the governemnt are lobying for powers that will essentially allow it to shut down any website it doesnt like.

story

"Senior officers also want powers to attack and close down websites, and a new criminal offence of using the internet to prepare acts of terrorism, to "suppress inappropriate internet usage".

They also want to make it a criminal offence for suspects to refuse to cooperate in giving the police full access to computer files by refusing to disclose their encryption keys."

Even though they try to disguise it under the pretense of security againts terrorism we really will lose free speech if we dont do something
    Gavman wrote:
    Even though they rty to disguise it under the pretense of security againts terrorism we really will lose free speech if we dont do something
    to late i fear.
    the incitement to racial hatred laws are looking like it will be illegal to preach that there is one god.
    so the next lot for us to hate will be christians ...

we are being taught to trust no one.
    I just generally ignore it all and get on with my life, however naive that might be.
    Tommo100 wrote:
    We already have, check the John Tydnall thread or look at the quotes NG was charged for.

You appear to be confusing "freedom of speech" with "the right to victimise innocent people because of their colour".

Not that I expect vile racists such as yourself to be bright enough to spot the difference.

I'm terrified of what is happening. It's starting.

I'm even more terrified that people are so quick to support the police ahead of innocent men gunned down in the station and on the street.
    I'm terrified of what is happening. It's starting.

It's almost over, kermit.

The frog is in the water and it's nearly on the boil. The frog is busy watching eastenders and celebrity fuckwits though to care.

I am quite happy about it to be honest. But then, I am completely crazy.
    I'm even more terrified that people are so quick to support the police ahead of innocent men gunned down in the station and on the street.

Yeah, the biggest stockholm syndrome ever.

Quie how long it's going to be wise to post like we do I have no idea. I mean I know we will have various gang members browsing but at what point it'll be an "offence" I do not know.

When do the new laws allowing violent reprisals from uniformed thugs for saying what you like come in?
    we had a bomb scare today at the college, and in light of the recent killing a few people were making comments in jest like 'watch out dude' because i happen to be asian and carrying a backpack.......now of course i laughed it off, but when i think about it i'm not that comfortable knowing the police can do pretty much whatever the fuck they like, for the 'greater good'.........i think there is an element of racism to it, it's just inherent..........the simple fact of the matter is, if you're looking for 'islamic fundamentalists' it's not likely to be some white dude is it?.......
    " think there is an element of racism to it, it's just inherent..........the simple fact of the matter is, if you're looking for 'islamic fundamentalists' it's not likely to be some white dude is it?......."

That doesn't make it racist, it's just the way it is, anyway White people could be converted to radical Islam and the 4 people on CCTV are though to be West African anyway.
    analyst wrote:
    " think there is an element of racism to it, it's just inherent..........the simple fact of the matter is, if you're looking for 'islamic fundamentalists' it's not likely to be some white dude is it?......."

That doesn't make it racist, it's just the way it is, anyway White people could be converted to radical Islam and the 4 people on CCTV are though to be West African anyway.

you obviously don't understand the meaning of racism - let me enlighten you - it means 'discrimination by race'............which is exactly what this is......yes there could be white radical muslims out there, but i don't think thats what your average copper on the beat is on the lookout for.........

ETA: i didn't say it was consciously or even intentionally racist, just inherently so......
    I was at work last night and was talking to a mate who had just gone down to London in the week for a job interview. It was in the evening and he was about to enter the M25 when he saw the blue light of the police. He pulled over and his car was surrounded by 6 police officers. One of the police officers came and knocked on the window and he demanded to know why a car with Nottingham license plates was doing driving in London. (A stupid reason when is it illegal to travel around the country)

He was asked to exit the vehicle where he was manhandled by the police. They searched his car and then after finding nothing tried to get out of completing a Stop and Search certificate which Police have to complete after searching someone.

This event has worried me the police should not be acting like this, am definitely worried that we are entering into a police state. The future scares me...
    Interesting story when you consider the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

You might specifically want to look at Articles 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 18, & 19 and consider that this country may actually be in breach of all of them.

Completely unenforcable of course, I'm sure Clandestine will want to explain why the UN should not intervene in internal policies... ;)
    Actually MoK, at this stage in the game compliance has effectively been forced upon the UN through Washington's concerted campaign to undermine all principles of international law inhibiting the global objectives of the ruling ideologues.

At this stage, the last thing you want as any answer to your national government's breach of countless articles of human rights is UN intervention. It actually wouldn't amount to much anyways since Blair and Bush and the other key SC nations' leaders have at this point cast their lots in together.
    It actually wouldn't amount to much anyways since Blair and Bush and the other key SC nations' leaders have at this point cast their lots in together.

Hell, I know. It's why I think that the UN is a pile of air, costing us a fortune.

I feel a letter to Kofi coming on...

"Dear Mr Annan, WTF are you doing about the breaches of my human rights etc"