Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Advice on a summer job?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My bf has mentioned a job going at the camp site where he'll be working in the holidays. How difficult/disgusting is chalet cleaning? I'm a bit of lazy sod when it comes to housework, but I know how to clean and I'll be getting £5 per chalet. Is that any good? Plus, my bf said that you're able to listen to music and keep anything left behind in the chalets. Apparently, his cousin can make upto £40 a day. What does everyone think of this? I haven't had a job before, so I'm a bit clueless :s.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Keeping anything left in the chalets doesnt sound very professional.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    How difficult/disgusting is chalet cleaning?

it depends how dirty the people staying there are. but from experience, a good few people on holiday are pretty grubby.

having said that, a job's a job, and £40 a day isn't bad at all for summer work.
  • Options
    Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Keeping anything left in the chalets doesnt sound very professional.

Don't go with the promise of keeping lost property, but people will keep lost property. not nice, but there you go.

truth be told, i dont think youll find owt better this late on in the summer. all the good studenty jobs have gone. it depends how much you want the money.
  • Options
    I don't really need the money, but I'm being forced to get a job, and it would be nice to be working with my bf.
    Well, maybe not keep lost property, but for example, his cousin found a crate of untouched lager t'other day, which he kept.
  • Options
    £5 per chalet? If it takes you 2 hours to clean one chalet, you're earning £2.50 an hour... that's not even minimum wage...

Ilora x
  • Options
    jesus christ, which fools are leaving full crates of lager behind in a chalet?! maybe i should be doing this job.

sounds good!
  • Options
    £5 per chalet? If it takes you 2 hours to clean one chalet, you're earning £2.50 an hour... that's not even minimum wage...

Ilora x

I think the chalets are like static caravan size. My friends interested in working there too now.
  • Options
    wow that's perseverance, i wouldn't be able to do manual labour. lol
  • Options

Ilora x

Yes but if your quick at it, or theres not much to do then it could be quite good money!