Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

bands we hate

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Haha that really shitty band called "Three of a kind" who had that "Babycakes" song.
    Nightfreak wrote:
    Ooh. A video for a band I saw this morning...

The Kooks.

One. It was horrible, bland, badly recorded and played indie rock and the singer looked like Dominic Masters of The Others. Rubbish.

I went to see them last November?.. And never heard from them again. Do you know what the track was called, or what channel it was on?
    Mcfly as they're 2 alike busted before they split up..
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    SupaStar wrote:
    franz ferdinand :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Agreed
    Oh, where to begin?

Top of the list has to be Coldplay and U2. Why these people are remotely popular is quite beyond me.

Others in no particular order,

Keane, Good Charlotte, McFly, Busted, Franz Ferdinand, Razorlight

Oh fuck, I forgot - I fucking loathe The Smiths! What a load of wank they are!
    I used to hate The Smiths, but I've been listening to them recently and they are pretty good...
    Capacity wrote:
    I went to see them last November?.. And never heard from them again. Do you know what the track was called, or what channel it was on?

MTV2 or VH2 I believe.

Eddies Gun was the song. You can watch the video on their website.

Ugh!
    Oh fuck, I forgot - I fucking loathe The Smiths! What a load of wank they are!
    Awww I like the Smiths. but not Morrisey... big mouth la la la la la la big mouth la la la la.. :D
    FilthyChav wrote:
    Awww I like the Smiths. but not Morrisey... big mouth la la la la la la big mouth la la la la.. :D

:thumb:

i used to hate the smiths aswell and i know morrisey can sound like a whingening prat but the lyrics are unreal

i hate keane
    Oasis
    Nirvana
    Babyshambles (though this may just be because I hate Pete Doherty)
    Some of these next big thing bands like The Subways, Arcade Fire and Mercury Rev
    U2, with the exception of four songs
    The Offspring
    Blink 182
    Linkin Park, apart from Collision Course
    Any heavy metal
    The Ying Yang Twins*
    Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz*
    G-UNIT*

*If they are considered bands
    The Doc wrote:
    Oasis
    Some of these next big thing bands like The Subways, Arcade Fire and Mercury Rev

Mercury Rev have been about for years, good on a sunny afternoon at a festival but I'm with you on the Subways.

I forgot how much I hate The Vines...toss
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    You've listed pretty much everything up there.

Green day - Old Green day was good...
    Greenday were never good.
    Haha that really shitty band called "Three of a kind" who had that "Babycakes" song.
    Oh they're AWFUL... That dance track?

HIM suck nearly as much as the attitudes of their followers.
    Theres so many, ill start with Busted, what a load of rubbish they are! same with McFly. I hate every single 'Boy Band' ever such as Westlife, Backshaf...ehhhemm Backstreet Boys, Blue (what sort of name is that!?) and Boy Bands like them.

I hate pretty much all indie bands like Razor Light, Snow Patrol, Kean etc..I also dont like Slipknot, i dont know what the masks are all about, although i quite liked that song called 'Duality' i think it was called, but i still dont like them.

Also, i dont like 'The Streets' its just talking with a basic soundtrack playing in the background, thats it.

I hate Limp Bizkit along with the darkness, the voice nearly breaks my ear drums!

Also, i think ill add Maroon 5 here aswell as i hate them too. And the one thats number one for going to hell for me has to be Blazin Squad, stupid name, stupid clothes, stupid music, stupid videos, and when i saw them i thought i had double vision as there is about 50 of them and theres only about 2 of them that actually does something more than wobbling from side to side which the rest of them do, but even the ones that do something still have to go to hell. :mad:

Theres more, but id be here all day.... :banghead:
    I am a McFly fan although generally my tastes are very indie rock.

I love Maroon 5 - despite all their songs being overplayed, and i love Rat Pack tracks, Salsa and Bollywood music and artists such as Robbie Williams and Alicia Keys.

I hate anything r'n'b or rap.
    Mostly i despise Emimen.
    HIM suck nearly as much as the attitudes of their followers.

HIM deserve to be shot.

The Darkness need to stop trying to be Queen.

The Streets - how to show lack of talent. I mean talking over a crap backing song? Fuck off and brush your teeth you dirty chav.
    Agree with the Darkness.

Overrated.

The Streets - dry your eyes was okay - thats it though
    Oooooerrr I forgot about Blazin Squad.
    LoveMusic wrote:

The Streets - dry your eyes was okay - thats it though

The first album "Original Pirate Material" is excellent. Uniquely British, uniquely urban. Harking back to the days of The Clash, The Jam & The Specials with lyrics about alienated working class life.
    Oooooerrr I forgot about Blazin Squad.
    That's because they've been pretty much non-existant since their second single or something stupid like that.
    Ramtracks wrote:
    Theres so many, ill start with Busted, what a load of rubbish they are! same with McFly. I hate every single 'Boy Band' ever such as Westlife, Backshaf...ehhhemm Backstreet Boys, Blue (what sort of name is that!?) and Boy Bands like them.

I hate pretty much all indie bands like Razor Light, Snow Patrol, Kean etc..I also dont like Slipknot, i dont know what the masks are all about, although i quite liked that song called 'Duality' i think it was called, but i still dont like them.

Also, i dont like 'The Streets' its just talking with a basic soundtrack playing in the background, thats it.

I hate Limp Bizkit along with the darkness, the voice nearly breaks my ear drums!

Also, i think ill add Maroon 5 here aswell as i hate them too. And the one thats number one for going to hell for me has to be Blazin Squad, stupid name, stupid clothes, stupid music, stupid videos, and when i saw them i thought i had double vision as there is about 50 of them and theres only about 2 of them that actually does something more than wobbling from side to side which the rest of them do, but even the ones that do something still have to go to hell. :mad:

Theres more, but id be here all day.... :banghead:

Quick question:

What *do* you like?!?
    g_angel007 wrote:
    Quick question:

What *do* you like?!?

There are a lot of bands out there. I hate everything pop, R n B, 'club' stuff, Rap, Hip Hop - basically everything other than rock, punk, metal or other stuff in that catagory.
    I like Original Pirate Material by The Streets, but it sounds a bit dated now.
    Hehe. Blazin Squad kick ass.
    rooney rule. lostprophets suck but that is just me and i like a bit of mc fly cos its all about u its all about u
    rss3000 wrote:
    rooney rule. lostprophets suck but that is just me and i like a bit of mc fly cos its all about u its all about u

Are you clever?
    y?
    I said clever, not curious. Are you clever?
    Capacity wrote:
    I said clever, not curious. Are you clever?
    take it as a no ;<
    yer smarter than that shit dr w/e