Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

HARDCORE CD's - advice please!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hiya. It's my boyfriend's 17th birthday on the 29th, and he's very much into happy hardcore. I'd really like to get him a cd off amazon or similar, but I'm not sure what would be a good bet. Can anyone suggest anything surefire? He already has Bonkers 14, Clubland Xtreme Hardcore etc. I know he likes Hixxy and Scott Brown.. also can the cd either be recent and/or a classic? So far I've found Hardcore Heaven box set (Feb 2005) and 10 Years of Hardcore - Scott Brown (Jan 2005). What do you lot think of these? Hardcore Heaven looks a bit better, but then again I don't know if he'd like the mixes - Sy, Brisk and Kevin Energy. I could ask him tonight but I'd like his present to be a surprise.. plus, I wanna order something asap.
Cheers x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could try Bonkers 12 & 13 (unless he already has them) - pretty new and Scott Brown is on both of them - as is Hixxy I think...
    FilthyChav wrote:
    Hiya. It's my boyfriend's 17th birthday on the 29th, and he's very much into happy hardcore. I'd really like to get him a cd off amazon or similar, but I'm not sure what would be a good bet. Can anyone suggest anything surefire? He already has Bonkers 14, Clubland Xtreme Hardcore etc. I know he likes Hixxy and Scott Brown.. also can the cd either be recent and/or a classic? So far I've found Hardcore Heaven box set (Feb 2005) and 10 Years of Hardcore - Scott Brown (Jan 2005). What do you lot think of these? Hardcore Heaven looks a bit better, but then again I don't know if he'd like the mixes - Sy, Brisk and Kevin Energy. I could ask him tonight but I'd like his present to be a surprise.. plus, I wanna order something asap.
    Cheers x

Well i dont like your name very much (unless its meant as some sort of sarcasm) and chavs = deserving of pain
    But i'll help anyway...

The hardcore heaven cd set is a good buy, you could also look out for slammin vinyl cd's and absolute hardcore. Does it have to be CDs? most new sounds are released on tape pack recorded from live events and in my opinion tape packs are much better!

If there's a selecta disc near you then ask the staff in there and they should know or if you want to buy online then the tapepacksuperstore is great!

The best tape packs (imo) are: hardcore till i die (HTID), slammim vinyl and united dance (dreamscape packs are fantastic but you will probably have trouble finding these!)
    cheers! I've ordered the Hardcore Heaven cd box set off ebay - some other ppl online recommended it. it was that or The Collection V. 2., but that was more expensive and he hadn't heard of it. I've seen quite a lot of tapes but I didn't know if he'd want them in that format - i don't think he has any other packs. I think he's got all the Bonkers so far.

BTW - yeah, the name is semi-ironic. tbh, i couldn't think of anything good at the time - and my mates have started calling me it.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I don't buy mixed CD's unless they're live events. You get far more for your money if you buy tape packs.

If I want a particular tune I either download it or one of my mates will have it on vinyl.
    My hardcore MP3 collection is huge.
    Weekender Offender 
    If you're into that sort of thing I've heard very good things about The Outside Agency - Scenocide 101. Yet to buy it myself, but it does look a blinder.
    What is hardcore? lol :shocking:

It's like softcore but better. ;)

It's bad for you, only druggies listen to it.

I've just bought a iMic and am now in the process of putting all old tapes into MP3 format. Fuck buying hardcore CD's.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    iMic
    Skive wrote:
    old tapes into MP3 format.

*Drools* whats an iMic? and how does it work? i dont know and i already want one!

/has draws full of old tapes and a 120Gb hard disk :D

As ive said in another post: this should explain all you need to know
    icey wrote:
    *Drools* whats an iMic? and how does it work? i dont know and i already want one!

iMic is bassically an external sound card.

It comes with the neccassary software too. It is the ideal tool to convert tapes or vinyl to digital format.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:

ooo looks nice :D :yes: me want! :hyper:
    icey wrote:
    ooo looks nice :D :yes: me want! :hyper:

You got MSN?
    I'll send you some sets if you like.
    Weekender Offender 
    cheers! ive pm'd you my addy :)