Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drugs in your bloodstream.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having a blood test tomorrow and I was just wondering how long it takes for different drugs to get out of your bloodstream. I'm not too worried about it on this instance but it will be useful for future reference. I'm mostly interested in weed, ecstacy and ketamine.

Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    weed stays there for upto seven we eks!
    best place for it as well.
    is your blood test related to possible substance abuse?

if its not then they wont test for any drugs or anything, testing for drugs is quite expensive these days.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    TheSite has some factsheets on drug testig if you haven't already had a look -

How Drug Tests Work and It's the Bladder Police.

There is also a vault on the Erowid website that goes into a lot more detail.
    The ket wont be found, even if you do a drugs test they wont test for that.

They test for amphetamines (including MDMA) opiates, cocaine and cannabis. Anything else slips through the net.

If its a normal blood test for say liver function they wont even think about looking for drugs.
    Opiates dont linger for long, about 4-5 days for smack less for D.F'S AND TEMS, weed is your biggest worry at about 6-07 weeks, coke,speed and most uppers should be totally clear in a couple of weeks. I gained this knowledge by evading the prison drug tests so its pretty reliable !