Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Inhaling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The few times I have smoked weed, I've been a bit unsure whether I'm inhaling properly (and thus, a bit worried I look like an idiot).

What exactly should I be doing? Quite often I get smoke coming out of my nose, is this normal? I tend to just suck it in, and kind of breathe it into my lungs as if I was just breathing normally, is this the correct way?

And I don't fully understand why people do exhale after a while? Do you just do this once you've inhaled enough, and breathe out the rest? Why not just inhale it all?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    Err. Yeah, it sounds like you are "doing it right". not that there is any particular way, you just breathe. The deeper you breathe and, in theory, the longer you hold the breath before breathing out the more you should be affected. Try not to breathe stupidly hard on it though, there's little point.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    The deeper you breathe and, in theory, the longer you hold the breath before breathing out the more you should be affected.

See, that's kind of what I don't understand. I don't hold my breath, I just basically breathe it in...surely if you're holding your breath then you can't breath it in? :confused: Surely if you hold your breath, it will just stay in your mouth.

Sorry, as I said I've only smoked a few times, and never smoked fags, so I'm totally inexperienced.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    Alsvartr wrote:
    See, that's kind of what I don't understand. I don't hold my breath, I just basically breathe it in...surely if you're holding your breath then you can't breath it in? :confused: Surely if you hold your breath, it will just stay in your mouth.

Sorry, as I said I've only smoked a few times, and never smoked fags, so I'm totally inexperienced.

Umm, hard to explain really. You hold it after you have inhaled the smoke, if you see what I mean.
  • Options
    right here's how ya do it, get the joint put it to your lips, suck for about a second (longer or shorter if ya want), take the joint away and breathe in, you can hold it in for as long as you want but i think i read somewhere that most of the cannabis is absorbed in the first few moments of inhalation...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    right here's how ya do it, get the joint put it to your lips, suck for about a second (longer or shorter if ya want), take the joint away and breathe in, you can hold it in for as long as you want but i think i read somewhere that most of the cannabis is absorbed in the first few moments of inhalation...

I think THC takes around 3 seconds to be absorbed.

I used to wonder if i was inhaling correctly as well...partly because soapbar is so shite i wasn't feeling properly high...once you've inhaled all you can, and the smoke you exhale is vapour, you know you've inhaled properly.
  • Options
    LOL!! R U having a fuckin' turkish mate !!
  • Options
    LOL !! You think too much as it is - u better lay off the weed mate !! Honest !!