Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

anyone take zoton?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i always like to check out side effects before taking something, but all the info i've found on this is pretty confusing.

half say it's generally well tolerated and is unlikely to cause more than a little stomach pain, and the other half claim it has quite a high incidence of side effects, particularly gastrointestinal ones.

anyone taken it, and how did you find it?

i'm going to have to take it anyway, cause it appears my stomach has fallen apart, but if it's going to make me chunder, there'll have to be some serious psyching up.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kaffrin wrote:
    i always like to check out side effects before taking something, but all the info i've found on this is pretty confusing.

half say it's generally well tolerated and is unlikely to cause more than a little stomach pain, and the other half claim it has quite a high incidence of side effects, particularly gastrointestinal ones.

i'm going to have to take it anyway, cause it appears my stomach has fallen apart, but if it's going to make me chunder, there'll have to be some serious psyching up.

Mr Miffy takes it, but amongst the other tablets he takes I would be hard pressed to know if it, in particular was causing him any side effects. And he had nausea and vomiting before anyway, although it seems to have calmed down a little of late.

I'm sorry, that was no use whatsoever.
    I used to take lansoprazole when I was younger [not Zoton in particular] many moons ago and never really had a problem except loose stools.

But everyone is different...
    urgh. i'm such a chicken. i think i'm going to delay taking my first dose until friday morning, cause i've got the day off, and if i have a funny turn, i can just stay in bed and feel sorry for myself instead of braving it out at work tomorrow.

something else i've always wondered: can people be prone to a certain type of reaction to medications? like, if you normally don't really get side effects from drugs, is it likely you'll tolerate most things well, or does it depend on the drug? or if you're a bit of a sicky person anyway, are you more likely to get sicky type side effects?
    Pretty sure my mum was given that. She hurt her back in a car accident and was given 400mg ibuprofen to take, and im sure she was given Zoton to take because shes had a stomach ulcer before and NSAID's can irritate that.

I know shes side-effecty with anti-d's but as far as i know didnt have any trouble with Zoton.
    kaffrin wrote:
    something else i've always wondered: can people be prone to a certain type of reaction to medications? like, if you normally don't really get side effects from drugs, is it likely you'll tolerate most things well, or does it depend on the drug? or if you're a bit of a sicky person anyway, are you more likely to get sicky type side effects?

Depends on the drug tbh
    ok, so it hasn't made me feel ill (yet), but i'm itchy as all hell, and there's lumpiness starting to come out when i'm itchy. i can't tell whether this is a rash, or just where i've given myself lumps from scratching. i think probably a bit of both.

now, i've read the info leaflet, and it lists 'itching' and 'rash' under the quite common side effects that you only need tell your doc about if they get troublesome. you know the one. but then it also lists 'itchy rash' under the 'tell your doc immediately as this could be an allergic reaction' list. hmmmm.

is it a fair bet that mine is just a side effect? i don't have any other symptoms. i've been taking it since yesterday morning, and these effects developed late last night. would allergy be a bit quicker than that?
    kaffrin wrote:
    ok, so it hasn't made me feel ill (yet), but i'm itchy as all hell, and there's lumpiness starting to come out when i'm itchy. i can't tell whether this is a rash, or just where i've given myself lumps from scratching. i think probably a bit of both.

now, i've read the info leaflet, and it lists 'itching' and 'rash' under the quite common side effects that you only need tell your doc about if they get troublesome. you know the one. but then it also lists 'itchy rash' under the 'tell your doc immediately as this could be an allergic reaction' list. hmmmm.

is it a fair bet that mine is just a side effect? i don't have any other symptoms. i've been taking it since yesterday morning, and these effects developed late last night. would allergy be a bit quicker than that?

Most docs have morning surgery on saturday don't they? Perhaps they could re assure. Prob nothing but worth checking.
    ours only has an emergency clinic, and i don't think it's an emergency. i feel fine, really. don't think there's any need to steal someone else's emergency spot when i'm just itchy.
    Nhs direct for advice?
    kaffrin wrote:

I've taken them, they were fine. If you have any side effects then stop using them and talk to your GP on Monday. If they get any worseside effects then phone up your GP and tell him or her what's happened.
    Tweety wrote:
    Nhs direct for advice?

Bet they will say go up to hospital.