Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Shrooooooooooooms........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Those po-faced numpties based at the Home Office have announced that Clause 21 of the Drugs Act 2005 will be commenced on July the 18th 2005.

From this date fresh magic mushrooms (containing the active ingredient psylocibin) will be a Class A drug punishable with 7 years in banged up in chokey and an unlimited fine for possession and life in prison and an unlimited fine for supply. (have this scrots ever heard of social supply??) The only exemption to this will be for wild magic mushrooms that have not been cultivated and grow without the knowledge of the landowner.

oooooooooooh, Those nites shamanising the shamanic way on cubensis will be most surely missed!

have a peep at this >>>>>>>>>>

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1514321,00.html

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    To be honest this new law aint going to affect me too much. I've never bought shrooms anyway.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Arent you the lucky one. On the subject, how likely do you all think you will start to see shroom dealers? Im thinking there will be little if any.. for obvious reasons, having to keep them fresh growing them wud be a hassle importing them wud probably just just as much of a hassle.
    Does this apply to Philosophers stone variety of truffles then? They don't really agree with me anyway but it's nice to have the choice to munch a couple if I wanted.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Arent you the lucky one.

Well unless you live in the centre of London it's not that hard to pick them is it? And Fly Agarics will still be completely leagl. :yum:
    Weekender Offender 
    Well at least they are still legal for oxygen next weekend. That's all that really matters. I like mushrooms for special occasions, i don't think they'r a weekend drug.
    fly garics?
    From this date fresh magic mushrooms (containing the active ingredient psylocibin)

<sarcasm>
    what about the DMT and LSA
    </sarcasm>
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Arent you the lucky one. On the subject, how likely do you all think you will start to see shroom dealers? Im thinking there will be little if any.. for obvious reasons, having to keep them fresh growing them wud be a hassle importing them wud probably just just as much of a hassle.

Why would you bother importing them? And why would you keep them fresh?

Yes, you will see dealers, though the market will be smaller and more dangerous.
    But they have only very recently been available in shops, and this whole thing is actually really the Dutch fault. They recently allowed the export of mushrooms, and Dutch growers noticed a gap in the market, Customs realised that they could get tax, so allowed it, then the government realised it was a hallucinogen which was legal and banned it.

And so the circle of life is complete.
    Hello Bongo et all, blimey, you can engage in polite debate then huh?

They have been available on the 'open' market for a few years here in London, at least 5 to my learnt knowledge.

Fly agaric will be the new choice of shroom, but education should be the call of the day here as the use is more likely to result in unpleasant effects, including nausea and vomiting, stiffness of joints and lack of co-ordination. Strong doses (anything more than one fly agaric mushroom) may result in intense disorientation, convulsions and in some cases death. Fly agaric has not been brought under the Misuse of Drugs Act.

At present, no serious lasting sequels to the long-term use of hallucingogenic mushrooms have been reported, but there are no studies which might permit the assessment of the effects of extended, frequent use. At least to my knowledge.

Have a nice relaxing week-end all.
    We're already making room in the freezer as we plan to stockpile them prior to the ban.

Funny how these things work. Even though I quite like mushrooms I took them only ocassionally and never had any about. Now that they're going to make them a class A we're going to store a fair number of them, and have already planned to take a few to a party next week.

So this new bill will make fuck all difference to me- if anything it will have the effect of me wanting to take them more often just to say 'fuck you' to the government and laws of the land.

If only they ever got the message... :rolleyes:
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hello Bongo et all, blimey, you can engage in polite debate then huh?

Could you please try to refrain from making comments that are designed to provoke people? It really isn't necessary.
    Hey Alladin,

www.magicmushroomconsumers.org

Good luck mate, but IMHO this is legisaltion is only being introduced becouse they know from the number of outlets that have opened up over the last few years or so, that shrooming is popular and the ministry want just wanna deny a happy experience.
    shrooming is popular and the ministry want just wanna deny a happy experience.

Thats what it is John, all the government never want you to have fun, they are all against you.
    To be honest, I was somewhat amazed you could openly buy them because the one time friends and I did it was so crazy it has become folklore amongst us all. :yippe: You tend not to forget things like pictures coming to life and friends running Chariots of Fire style semi naked down the street in a hurry...
    Most people dont act like that on them...

If you use them sensibly they're no danger to anyone, and even a very high dose is more of a personal experience than making you do stupid things. I use philosophers alot and they've let me look at life in a totally different way, it's an amazing experience that the people making this stupid law will never understand.

But it's still fine to drink any day of the week and end up in the emergency ward or worse, or to smoke yourself to death :chin:
    Shogun wrote:
    I like mushrooms for special occasions, i don't think they'r a weekend drug.

yeah exactly, for me they only really work for special occasions that only happen say a few times a year.

its nice to make a change from the regular stuff as well
    I know, that's the problem with e's, too cheap and easy to get.
    Does this apply to Philosophers stone variety of truffles then? They don't really agree with me anyway but it's nice to have the choice to munch a couple if I wanted.

^^ Im curious about this too....ive only just got into shrooms and im not into dabbling with class A's and their possible legal implications....so....will truffles be banned too?

Peace
    Yes, truffles are included.
    Balls. :(